Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked my baby , miss her already

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 03:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wrecked my baby , miss her already

hello all,

do you think my baby is totaled? 2018 F150 5.0 10speed not even a year old. Was cut off and hit the car at 40 mph roughly in front of me. All front damages. Still runs ... hit square . Although my beat up as my head hit the steering wheel since my airbag didn’t deploy but seat belt tensioner did but since I’m 6’ 7” 410lbs the seats belt was a little low allow my torso to arc severely. Back is messed up as well. No fractures thank god but not good. Got to where a collar and have a mild concussion...

please help stop freaking out. This was my son and mine dream truck an we both are crushed. I was only inside coming from work my son is 9.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:51 AM

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts

Wow the jeep barely has any damage. Glad everyone is OK ? Gotta keep the head up and pay attention !
The following users liked this post:
michaelb41 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 03:53 AM

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Wow 40 mph is fast, I’m glad you were able to walk away from that. I’ve seen trucks with less damage get totaled but either way the insurance company will make it right. I hope you get better soon.
Bigkdog (02-02-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Old Grey Mule
Wow the jeep barely has any damage. Glad everyone is OK ? Gotta keep the head up and pay attention !

I was changing lanes with turn signal when a person in the center turn lane decided to floor it into the lane was going into so I switched back and couldn’t make it far right to go into the grass so squared it up while standing on the brake. Officer said I did the right thing and was forced into this by the careless other driver who didn’t stop. The Jeep got pushed like 20ft so that saved it from a lot of damage . You can see how it got lifted up and was on my truck. The underside of the Jeep is messed up big time. The driver wanted to drive it home and the officer showed her all the damage and the exhaust hanging.....
Old Grey Mule (02-02-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by FjordsFords
Wow 40 mph is fast, I’m glad you were able to walk away from that. I’ve seen trucks with less damage get totaled but either way the insurance company will make it right. I hope you get better soon.

yes and no air bag deployment makes it worse! Officer noted it on the police report as he said for sure it should have deployed and would have avoided my head hitting the steering wheel.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bigkdog

I was changing lanes with turn signal when a person in the center turn lane decided to floor it into the lane was going into so I switched back and couldn’t make it far right to go into the grass so squared it up while standing on the brake. Officer said I did the right thing and was forced into this by the careless other driver who didn’t stop. The Jeep got pushed like 20ft so that saved it from a lot of damage . You can see how it got lifted up and was on my truck. The underside of the Jeep is messed up big time. The driver wanted to drive it home and the officer showed her all the damage and the exhaust hanging.....
Sounds like the insurance company will blame you.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Old Grey Mule
Sounds like the insurance company will blame you.

I live in a no fault state... Michigan. Literally no one at fault and I have accident foregiveness with State Farm so i’’m good. Just the totaled or not is the question.. hoping it’s not totaled!

things are different hear but our insurances are high because of it. If it’s totaled I’m getting a 2018 Raptor I just found at my dealership I only buy from. Same color just Raptor...

just looking for peoples experience with such damage. The last accident I was 21 years ago where My mustang was so totaled as it rolled 7 times and looked like a Indy car wreck.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:19 AM

Be sure to show us the Raptor.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:04 AM

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Totaled, sue Ford for a new one
Old 02-02-2019, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,126 Likes on 2,832 Posts

ouch...only way to tell if its totaled is after the estimate is written, and that value depends on state/ insurance company. Let them do their job. We can't tell by pictures

Glad you are mostly ok. Truck did its job. Don't get too caught up in the airbag not firing, The truck didn't feel the impact was severe enough so it only fired the pretensioner

Quick Reply: Wrecked my baby , miss her already