General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring help PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 06:08 PM

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Wiring help PLEASE

Can Anyone please help me with this wiring harness? It’s above the headliner near the rear of the driver side. It looks like it’s attached to the third brake light and I’m wondering if it’s wiring for a power rear sliding window. However the harness does look different than the one that plugs into the power rear slider switch. I have attached photos, any ideas?

2012 F150 xlt crew cab
Old 01-20-2019, 06:09 PM

Old 01-21-2019, 12:05 PM

Bump.

any ideas out there? I’m looking to install a power slider, it looks like the area behind the rear seats is pre wired, however I pulled the headliner down near the front and couldn’t find the harness to plug the power switch into. I was only able to find the pictured above harness near the rear drivers side taped to the headliner.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:38 PM

Bump.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

that wiring is probably for the sunroof motor. i know on my 2011, the motor is in the back where the sunroof retracts into the track.

the power slider motor would be mounted on the rear wall behind the rear seat back.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:38 PM

Received 226 Likes on 158 Posts

My guess is that it is for the rear defroster
Old 01-26-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by snowboarder7710
that wiring is probably for the sunroof motor. i know on my 2011, the motor is in the back where the sunroof retracts into the track.

the power slider motor would be mounted on the rear wall behind the rear seat back.
thanks for the info. Do you have the sunroof AND a power rear slider? I’m wondering if any of these wires are used to control the power rear slider.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:57 PM
Bleeds Ford Blue

Received 322 Likes on 184 Posts

Physical wiring for power sliding rear should come from the floor, up to the middle-ish of the back wall on the passenger side and be clipped to the back wall behind the seat - Same place the motor will sit.

Headliner will contain:
  • Lighted vanity mirrors (if equipped)
  • Dome light(s)
  • 3rd brake light
  • Switch wiring for power sliding rear and/or sunroof
  • Auto Dimming mirror (if equipped)
I have a '14 STX and swapped to an XLT headliner giving me the overhead console, lighted vanity mirrors, and switch for rear power slider. The slider wiring is in the back and I verified with my DMM that once I install the slider it will work - switch is on the same circuit as the other windows apparently.

If you really want to see if you're setup for power sliding rear you'll have to root around at the front of the headliner atop the overhead console AND behind the rear seat after you pull it and the stiff carpeted panel.

_

Last edited by MustangAndy; 01-26-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by MustangAndy
Physical wiring for power sliding rear should come from the floor, up to the middle-ish of the back wall on the passenger side and be clipped to the back wall behind the seat - Same place the motor will sit.

Headliner will contain:
  • Lighted vanity mirrors (if equipped)
  • Dome light(s)
  • 3rd brake light
  • Switch wiring for power sliding rear and/or sunroof
  • Auto Dimming mirror (if equipped)

I have a '14 STX and swapped to an XLT headliner giving me the overhead console, lighted vanity mirrors, and switch for rear power slider. The slider wiring is in the back and I verified with my DMM that once I install the slider it will work - switch is on the same circuit as the other windows apparently.

_

thank you for the details! I do have a question, when you swapped to the xlt headliner, did you have issues the wire harness not being long enough to reach the power slider switch in the front overhead console? The photos I have attached show the harness, but it’s about 2 feet short from reaching the overhead console to plug into the slider switch. The wiring for the actual slider motor is behind my rear seat, I did verify that. Just having trouble figuring out the switch wiring once the power slider and motor are installed. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 01-26-2019, 09:17 PM
Bleeds Ford Blue

Received 322 Likes on 184 Posts

Nope. Fit just like it was there in the first place. Only issue I had was making the dome light and console fit into their respective brackets. Liner was tan, my interior is black and grey - I redid the liner in black with better materials that are much nicer to the touch over that scratchy stuff Ford used - therefore it was thicker and I had to force things a bit to snap together.

Also I pulled this though it's meant for a 2014 truck - might be the same:

Additional Wiring Notes
Item Note
Right Rear Window
(Up/Down)
The power sliding rear window open/close are purple/brown - yellow/orange (5 wire) at the overhead console switch,
gray 12 pin plug, pins 4 - 9.

Quick Reply: Wiring help PLEASE