General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wipers won't shut off

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 05:14 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Unhappy Wipers won't shut off

Wipers working okay on our 2016 SCAB, then we went through our usual carwash. Turned the wipers on to wipe the excess off the windshield, noticed they did not turn on at the first click (slow intermittent). Ran up through the switch, and it acted funny on the top end - high speed. Rolled it back down and stopped at several of the clicks, didn't really notice anything strange until I got to the last click. Seemed to take longer to cycle.
I shut them off, switched off the ignition, and waited a minute, then restarted the truck. Wiper switch was completely in the off position, but they cycled once as soon as I started the engine. I waited, and sure enough, they kept on cycling, as if the switch was in that first position, but it was still in the off position.
Anyone here seen the same? I have an appointment with my service guys tomorrow, but thought I'd ask here as well.

Will post whatever happens - maybe help the next guy.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2018, 12:00 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine started doing the same yesterday if I keep messing with the switch high to off I can get them to stop doing it, please post what they say I will be taking mine in the next couple of days, also I thought I heard like a pop when I first turn them on.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine started doing the same thing yesterday also

I did a quick search and found out that it's likely the multi function switch gone bad. I ordered one on tasca for around $40 hoping that it fixes it. Im tired of wiping my dry windshield all day.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine only did it that one day now they are working normal seemed to happed when it was raining waiting to see if it does it again.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I got in the truck this morning I turned the wipers on the highest setting and waited 10 seconds between each lower setting before finally turning it all the way off. It stopped randomly wiping for the rest of my commute, let's hope it stays like that until I can replace the switch.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:35 PM
Official HTT Greeter

Received 328 Likes on 261 Posts

My 2016 SCAB started having this trouble a few months ago when the temp. got down in the single digits. I thought maybe frost or condensation in the switch was making a connection...idk. But it stopped once the temperature got above freezing, so I haven't worried about it.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:08 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Couldn't find this to update!
Anyway, they replaced the wiper control switch - $96.93 inc tax. Only took 20 minutes, now works.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this same problem. Started intermittently at first, stopping after switching back and forth between wiper settings as Sumar stated, then got worse until they were on 100% of the time. As did Efan08, I ordered a new switch/lever, part # FL3Z-13K359-AC Turn Signal Switch on Tasca Parts, for $30.15 (39.16 after shipping) (as of 1/16/19 its $47.21 before shipping). Installation of the switch is not difficult if you're comfortable removing your steering wheel. I replaced mine with the Limited wheel, so I was familiar with airbag removal, etc. One weird thing I encountered was the switch connector was covered in a white gunk when I removed it. I'm not an electrician, mechanic, or in any related field, I just like to tinker. I wiped off as much as I could, installed the new switch and have not had any issues since (install 4/18).

Last edited by Rob Schirmann; 01-16-2019 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Previous post was deleted? Adding potentially helpful info for others
Old 01-16-2019, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by friartuck
Couldn't find this to update!
Anyway, they replaced the wiper control switch - $96.93 inc tax. Only took 20 minutes, now works.
Bolton Ford Lake Charles, LA wants $250 parts and labor to replace the wiper control switch. Think they are taking advantage of their customers much?

Quick Reply: Wipers won't shut off