Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Window Tint

Hey folks,

Looking for some opinions on LLumar brand AIR series clear automotive window film. I'm considering doing this on my wifes Escape for the UV protection( for health reasons), thinking about the clear or maybe the LLumar Pinnacle 40% window tint, because she doesn't want anything to dark.
The tint shop also told me that the windshields could be done with this clear film. Anyone here use this either the clear or the Pinnacle material? Pros & Cons if any? I will also be getting my F150 done as well.

thanks,
Shadowblack
Old 05-27-2017, 11:13 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I've got my windshield tinted at 80% with Llumar and I'm really happy with it. It's like wearing lightly tinted sunglasses in the truck with out actually wearing them. I think it cost me $250 for the windshield. I'd recommend it and will probably do this for all my future vehicles. The Texas heat for me is pretty brutal so any little bit could help.
The following users liked this post:
Shadowblack (05-28-2017)
Old 05-28-2017, 09:42 AM
I know it's backwards

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadowblack
Hey folks,

Looking for some opinions on LLumar brand AIR series clear automotive window film. I'm considering doing this on my wifes Escape for the UV protection( for health reasons), thinking about the clear or maybe the LLumar Pinnacle 40% window tint, because she doesn't want anything to dark.
The tint shop also told me that the windshields could be done with this clear film. Anyone here use this either the clear or the Pinnacle material? Pros & Cons if any? I will also be getting my F150 done as well.

thanks,
Shadowblack
Just an FYI.......You can do the research, but don't waste you money on a CLEAR windshield film. Windshields already block both types of UV rays because they're made of laminated glass to prevent shattering. Of course if you want to tint it that's up to you.

Side windows however are made of tempered glass and do not always block harmful UV rays. Some do, but not all.
The following users liked this post:
Shadowblack (05-28-2017)
Old 05-28-2017, 11:32 AM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

Originally Posted by BlacKnBack
Just an FYI.......You can do the research, but don't waste you money on a CLEAR windshield film. Windshields already block both types of UV rays because they're made of laminated glass to prevent shattering. Of course if you want to tint it that's up to you.

Side windows however are made of tempered glass and do not always block harmful UV rays. Some do, but not all.
Beat me to it. UV is already blocked, thats why Transitions glasses don't darken when driving in the bright sun. Some vehicles also have laminated side glass too and those block UV as well. The tempered is tinted a bit, but as mentioned, unknown if it blocks UV.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:59 AM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadowblack
Hey folks,

thanks,
Shadowblack
LLumar is a great brand, thats all that my buddy uses to tint windows but not sure what line. Thats the only tint that has been used on are vehicles for many years and holds up outstanding with no fading or color change that we have noticed.