Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > General F150 Discussion
Will front coilovers raise the front-end of my already 6" lifted f150? >

Will front coilovers raise the front-end of my already 6" lifted f150?

Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will front coilovers raise the front-end of my already 6" lifted f150?

Old 04-17-2019, 01:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Will front coilovers raise the front-end of my already 6" lifted f150?

I have a 6" Zone Offroad lift kit installed on my 2017 F150 Platinum with FX4. 35" x 12.5" tires.
In the rear, I have Fox 2.0 shocks.
In the front, I have the stock fx4 shocks.

I'm wanting to raise the front end of my truck a couple inches. Maybe 1-2" max. Currently there is a sizable rake forward so if i raised it it would actually sit more level. Plus it would give my wide offset tires more room to turn (rubs if I slam on the brakes in certain angles of a turn - happens very rarely, but happens embarrassingly when I have alot of people in the cab and the front nose takes a dive with heavy breaking)
If I accidentally went too high in the front, I could always install an add-a-leaf in the back to get some rear height rake or leveling back.

My Question: If I replaced the front shocks with the 5-6" Fox Adjustable Coilover 2.5s in the front, would that give me additional height in the front? Or would that be pointless?
Any other suggestions on how to get another 1-2" in the front-only on a truck that already has a 6" lift?

Wish i would have went with an 8" lift kit to begin with!

Last edited by DZYNR; 04-17-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:47 PM

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts

yes you can adjust the coil overs to raise the truck up a bit. I have the Fox 2.5 coil overs on my 2011 and there's plenty of adjustment to raise them up higher. When you adjust them higher it does increase the preload on the springs so the ride gets stiffer. you may only need to go up an inch to keep your front end from diving and rubbing the tires.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:21 PM
Heat Miser

Liked 91 Times in 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DZYNR View Post
I have a 6" Zone Offroad lift kit installed on my 2017 F150 Platinum with FX4. 35" x 12.5" tires.
In the rear, I have Fox 2.0 shocks.
In the front, I have the stock fx4 shocks.

I'm wanting to raise the front end of my truck a couple inches. Maybe 1-2" max. Currently there is a sizable rake forward so if i raised it it would actually sit more level. Plus it would give my wide offset tires more room to turn (rubs if I slam on the brakes in certain angles of a turn - happens very rarely, but happens embarrassingly when I have alot of people in the cab and the front nose takes a dive with heavy breaking)
If I accidentally went too high in the front, I could always install an add-a-leaf in the back to get some rear height rake or leveling back.

My Question: If I replaced the front shocks with the 5-6" Fox Adjustable Coilover 2.5s in the front, would that give me additional height in the front? Or would that be pointless?
Any other suggestions on how to get another 1-2" in the front-only on a truck that already has a 6" lift?

Wish i would have went with an 8" lift kit to begin with!
You have strut spacers, and the extended Fox CO's that BDS(and Zone now I think too, they're both owned by Fox) offers as an option simply go in place of the spacers. Same lift, same height, lengthened shock bodies in place of spacers/stock struts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will front coilovers raise the front-end of my already 6" lifted f150?

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: