Do You Just Like Driving Or Being Seen In Your Truck
17.48%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Who Actually Use Their Trucks Capabilities

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 06:07 PM

Received 538 Likes on 398 Posts

Default Who Actually Use Their Trucks Capabilities

After seeing many on this forum and others, trading to 'cars', it makes me wonder why in the world would they bother with the expense, poor handling, and lousy fuel economy of a truck.

I use my truck for pulling a 29' long travel trailer. I also haul cargo for home improvements, camping, and recreation.

I use to have SUVs but found that their cargo areas were to small and not rugged enough for the cargo I needed to haul. Also the SUVs had low hitch weight ratings and lower tow ratings. I also wanted a stiffer suspension so when I was hauling or towing, it didn't look like I was riding a wheely from sag.

Now I love my truck, but let's face it, this truck doesn't handle like my previous Camaro, Firefird, or Mustang. Add to that not even a Dodge Neon, Ford Focus, or other car. Trucks aren't meant to be race cars so they aren't designed like them unless you buy a Ford Lightning or Dodge R/T truck. Add to that the expense of these trucks. I could had bought a luxury car for what I paid for my truck but a luxury car couldn't do anything but get from point A to B.

Also these trucks drink gas! I could save $200 - $300 a month if I drove a midsize or even a full size car over the truck, but once again they can't do anything but get from point A to B.

So I honestly can not understand why someone would pay so much more for a truck and get inferior handling and power, unless they really needed.

So I wanted to see in a poll who is the majority out there, people who actually use their trucks for their capabilities or just like to drive a truck.

For the record, even our late 2010 Mustang GT Premium Convertible was much cheaper than my truck and I must say, it was a bit more fun to drive as well, even if I felt like I was in a sardine can.

Last edited by Mike Up; 02-25-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:19 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I need it to tow my POS Mustang and for heading to the mountains. It also comes in super handy in inclement weather here in CO. I "could" get by with a lesser vehicle, but I am a believer in overdoing it.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I do contract work as an aircraft mechanic. I need to basically move to wherever the job is, along with all my tools and crap. I was in a Blazer that became a money pit as well as not really big enough. Went to have the dealer see about yet another problem and found the Platinum. Told them to keep the Blazer and start the paperwork, lol. Now I can carry everything comfortably and still have room in the cab, while driving in style.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:29 PM
M&D

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I need a truck, period. But not for my day job. Id like to get a commuter car as well but everytime I add up the cost of the car, additional maintenance and parts (tires, brakes, etc) insurance, registration etc it just doesnt make sense so Ill just keep driving my truck for everything.

I also have a bad back and knees and at 6'2" I need alot of leg room which most cars cant provide and also just feel safer in a truck. I also do alot of towing/hauling throughout the year.

Last edited by M&D; 02-25-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,141 Likes on 2,840 Posts

i have a truck because i like having 4wd, sitting up higher and i dont really like cars...and the few times i need a truck for a truck im sure glad i have one
Old 02-25-2013, 06:33 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Why? Cause I like it and it's fun/comfortable to drive and hauls the whole family easily. I don't use it extensively for hauling stuff cept for house/yard projects and stuff like that. Could use it to tow my Mustang if needed but if I'm gonna go anyplace long distance in the Mustang, I'll just drive that.

Hell, I only really need 4x4 when we have snow/ice ( which we get lots of in Ohio ) but I rest easy knowing I can get to work in just about any weather with zero issues.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:34 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

MN winters, sled trailers, boats, towing toy cars, hunting in the woods, moving my buddies boat, etc.

Plus, I just like a truck.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:39 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

And btw, if this turns into a my truck is better cause I actually offroad/tow/haul stuff/likes to have 40 baby toys scattered across back seat no matter how many times I pick them all up, this thread will get locked quick.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I got a truck cause I had a small 2 door convertible and was sick of how I couldn't even put my military bags in the trunk! That said I only have a small pop up camper that I tow. I also off road every now and then. But I like the fact that I have it if I need it. Plus between me, my dad and my good friends that I don't mind helping, my truck gets plenty of work to do.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:53 PM
I am the God of hellfire

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo
MN winters, sled trailers, boats, towing toy cars, hunting in the woods, moving my buddies boat, etc.

Plus, I just like a truck.
Sums it up for me.

Quick Reply: Who Actually Use Their Trucks Capabilities