Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple and rousch warranty are bogus?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 08:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Whipple and rousch warranty are bogus?

has anybody actually read either the whipple or rousch warranties?and noticed how little they cover?
Old 08-06-2018, 08:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

From my understanding, they are not trying to "pickup" the warranty from Ford. By putting one of these systems on, it could in fact help Ford's decision on denying your claim if you were to break something in your power train.
You're accepting some risk when you modify your vehicle. That's why mine is staying stock and I have the recommended maintenance performed. Gives me the best chance of getting my warranty work complete without delay.

I bet they'll fix something on their product if it's defective.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:46 AM

So we are on the same page
its that the supercharger install voids fords warranty coverage on most parts
then rousch/whipple give you a small amount of coverage on some powertrain items
??
look at how little coverage there is in he engine engine / trans from rousch or whipple
Originally Posted by Native penguin
From my understanding, they are not trying to "pickup" the warranty from Ford. By putting one of these systems on, it could in fact help Ford's decision on denying your claim if you were to break something in your power train.
You're accepting some risk when you modify your vehicle. That's why mine is staying stock and I have the recommended maintenance performed. Gives me the best chance of getting my warranty work complete without delay.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:50 AM

As an example look at how whipple offers a max 2700$ of coverage on the trans
whats one of these new 10 speeds cost to replace and install?!

Old 08-06-2018, 09:39 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Paragraph 3 is what most people need to read, specifically the part after "so as long as the Vehicle is not...".
Old 08-06-2018, 10:04 AM

Great point
thatbparagraph pretty much says go near a drag strip or put on some slicks and you void the warranty.
seems like the whipple or rousch warranties just don’t cover enough to be considered?

Paragraph 3 is what most people need to read, specifically the part after "so as long as the Vehicle is not...".
Old 08-06-2018, 10:26 AM
TOTM Sept. '18

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Anyone modding a stock vehicle to effectively doubling the horsepower should not expect a full warranty unless your paying a HUGE premium.

I know mine engine warranty was gone when I installed the unit. Its just the price you pay. If Ford (Factory) installed a SC the option it wouldn't cost $8K it would be more like $20K.

The Shelby trucks that are modded by Tuscany do have some type of warranty but cost $85K-$95K. So your paying for repairs up front that you may or may not need.

One reason for doing the install myself was I wanted to understand exactly what was involved.

If I blow transmission its a good time to upgrade it stronger one.

Driving the thing and the enjoyment I get from it is priceless.

Oh..I'm being a little nit-picky but its Roush

Mike

Last edited by OCMike; 08-06-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:34 AM

You are correct
what is alarming is folks passing off rousch or whipple warranties as being remotely near what the factory warranty is
Originally Posted by OCMike
Anyone modding a stock vehicle to effectively doubling the horsepower should not expect a full warranty unless your paying a HUGE premium.

I know mine engine warranty was gone when I installed the unit. Its just the price you pay. If Ford (Factory) installed a SC the option it wouldn't cost $8K it would be more like $20K.

The Shelby trucks that are modded by Tuscany do have some type of warranty but cost $85K-$95K. So your paying for repairs up front that you may or may not need.

One reason for doing the install myself was I wanted to understand exactly what was involved.

https://youtu.be/WiiCr7dSdX8

Mike
Old 08-06-2018, 10:46 AM

You are correct
what is alarming is folks passing off rousch or whipple warranties as being remotely near what the factory warranty is

Mike
Old 08-06-2018, 10:48 AM

As per the fine print

Mike

Quick Reply: Whipple and rousch warranty are bogus?