Time for a whole new look
72.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Wheels & Tires Shopping

Old 04-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Wheels & Tires Shopping

So I get to work this morning and about 45 minutes into my daily routine the wife calls. Seems there were 2 police officers at my house looking for me. She told me there had been an "incident" with my truck and then proceeds to tell me that my wheels and tires had been stolen off the truck. I proceeded to shout a few things (inappropriate to state because of the family nature of this site) and the police officer told me to meet one of his officers at the body shop where my truck was. Got there and sure enough my truck was sitting up on 4 jackstands with no wheels. Man I was hot!

The positive thing is is now I get to go wheel and tire shopping on the shop's insurance dime. They are taking care of everything and said they can either reorder the same ones I had or if I'd like I can pick a different wheel/tire combo out in basically the same price range or make up and difference in price.

So should I go with the same wheel/tire combo (Helo Maxx 6's with Pro Comp Xtreme AT's) or go with something a little different? I loved the Pro Comps that were on it and they were really good to me, but I do love the look of the Nitto Mud Grapplers. So what would you guys do?
Old 04-07-2008, 07:20 PM
hummmmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THAT BLOWS MAN! Sorry to hear that, but at least you got good insurance.

Man hard call. Im not a fan of the wheels you had, just my pennies...

Wheels is a big part of it, but Ford trucks need an aggresive tire IMHO. Going from what you had to Mudd Grapplers would look pretty sweet. I am a Pro Comp fan too, but the AT extremes arent so extreme.

Is sad when you see some good wheels with AT tires or **** wheels with nice tires. Not thats what you had, but some people kill the set-up. On our daily drivers its alot about style and function not just one way and not the other.

You like the whole chrome wheel thing? The ones you had were black chrome correct? Im a big fan of the black on black look, its nice.....
Old 04-07-2008, 07:27 PM

kmc wheels all the way. i just got my set. they look great. tough and kind of a show look.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:59 PM

That's terrible. Good thing it happened at the shop so it's not your insurance that's going to go up. I think what you had looked great, but it's up to you if it's time for a change. The Mud Grappler's are pretty loud on the highway tho, so idk if that's what you want if you were sticking with an AT.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kickinit
You like the whole chrome wheel thing? The ones you had were black chrome correct? Im a big fan of the black on black look, its nice.....
Nah mine were the chrome Helo Maxx 6's. I don't like the black on black look either, especially considering I already have so much chrome on my truck. I just need to decide soon so I can get my truck back quicker. This little set back is already gonna delay me getting it while they ship the new wheels/tires out here unless I find a combo on island I like (highly doubtful).

Anyways I really like the look at the mud grapplers, but not sure if the noise level is what I want, not like I'm gonna be offroading. It comes down to looks vs comfort, oh and money to.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:13 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

well....on a lighter note...how many F150s on the big island are capable of fitting your rims? if you pay me 20$ a day, ill tool around the island with my AR-15...I have a new EOTech im dying to use.

sucks about the trucksi, a set of darth vader-esque rims would roxor
Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 PM
hummmmm

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
Nah mine were the chrome Helo Maxx 6's. I don't like the black on black look either, especially considering I already have so much chrome on my truck. I just need to decide soon so I can get my truck back quicker. This little set back is already gonna delay me getting it while they ship the new wheels/tires out here unless I find a combo on island I like (highly doubtful).

Anyways I really like the look at the mud grapplers, but not sure if the noise level is what I want, not like I'm gonna be offroading. It comes down to looks vs comfort, oh and money to.
I have a buddy thats kind of a whinner when it comes to loud tires and raise trucks. He doesnt like how raised trucks ride (like **** usually) and the tires since they are too loud. He really likes my truck and some people say mine rides the same if not better then his 2008 with no lift Ram. I said yeah the tires are a little loud and he disagreed saying those arent loud at all. I dont think they are loud either plus its a constant whine rather and then wahh wahh wahh wahh, its more like hummmm if that makes sense...

Good luck on the choice, as long as YOU make it, it will be right one.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get some pro comp mud terrains, I love mine!

At least you got some jack stands out of the deal along with some new rims and tires.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:01 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks man and I'm sorry to hear that. I would go with something different if I were you. I mean it's like you get a free set of wheels and tires. I would go with anything from KMC. They've got some sick lookin' wheels out and they make some awesome wheels!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:38 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Another KMC fan. I think the chrome Spy's or Hoss wheels would look killer. As far as the mudd grapplers go, I would get them simply because you don't put to many miles on the truck and why not splurge with the grapplers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheels & Tires Shopping