General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's your favorite F150 color?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Resident Worm Drowner

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Default What's your favorite F150 color?

Seeing all the "Post your (insert color) F150s" threads makes me wonder about everyone's favorites, other than your truck's color.

My truck is Dark Highland Green, but my favorite has to be the Blue Flame Metallic. There's something about that paint that just looks gorgeous to me.

What's yours?
Old 06-24-2014, 04:43 PM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Ringleader
Seeing all the "Post your (insert color) F150s" threads makes me wonder about everyone's favorites, other than your truck's color.

My truck is Dark Highland Green, but my favorite has to be the Blue Flame Metallic. There's something about that paint that just looks gorgeous to me.

What's yours?
While the flame blue metallic is a cool color (on it's own), I think it's way too much for a full sized truck. Sorry, but that's truly my least favorite of all the colors for the F150.

I should qualify that though ... I'm not much on colored cars/trucks, unless it's a sports car, then red gets to enter the equation.

So to answer your question directly ... my favorite color is Tuxedo Black (which I have right now) ... but all the "neutral" colors look good to me ... the Ingot Silver, White, and Sterling Gray are all very classy, handsome colors.

When I was purchasing my current truck, I honestly had a tough time deciding between the Ingot Silver and the Tuxedo Black ... but that was mainly due to the fact that minor surface scratches would not show up as much on the silver vs. the black ... but in the end, I couldn't get away from the metallic black. I just think that paint is amazingly good looking, especially when the truck is clean. I also feel part of that reason is due to all the black trim on the truck ... it blends in with the painted body panels and gives the truck a more unique look w/out having to PTM any other parts of the truck. And the mix of matte black trim w/ the metallic black paint just sets it off in a great way.

/diatribe over ... LOL
Old 06-24-2014, 04:50 PM

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts

Blue Jeans Metallic...hands down. Specifically on the King Ranch with the tan lower.

I talked myself out of it this time because I love the Tuxedo Black too, but if Ford decides to keep it around, I'm in for my next purchase.

The following 2 users liked this post by il_duce:
ABF150Fan (09-22-2019), wizwor (02-10-2017)
Old 06-24-2014, 04:56 PM

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

King Ranch
Oxford White/Pale Adobe Metallic
Old 06-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Ford Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I pretty much agree with Wiggum here. With something as large as our trucks I really like the toned down colors my ingot silver is delicious (all my cars have been silver, pontiac grand prix, and a toyota camry). And of course the oxford white, sterling gray, and tux black. The least favorite is the pale adobe. A few others I am fond of are the blue jeans, green gem, and kodiak brown. I do like the look of blue flame, but its not for me. Same with all of the reds, vermillion, race, ruby, and sunset. I can admit a lot of guys have great looking trucks, but I wouldn't want to own one like that. Just my opinion.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:05 PM

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

Traded in my Sterling Gray. It was too boring.
Got a Sunset Metallic, and love it. First time I ever got compliments on the color of one of my trucks.
If you're getting a truck for sports reasons and not as a work truck, what's wrong with vibrant colors.
Toned down colors look like work trucks. Had my share of Black trucks…..look great, but too much work.
BTW I do like the Blue Jeans Metallic.

Last edited by FDHog; 06-24-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Oxford White, Sterling Grey Metallic, Ruby Red, and Tuxedo Black. In that order.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:19 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

My preferred colors are the 'non-colors' -- silver, grey, charcoal, or black. Not a big fan of white or any of the bright colors. My truck is dark blue -- not the color I would have ordered if new, but I can live with it.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:26 PM

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought a Blue Flame FX4 and I love the color. Really the main reason it caught my eye so much. I will say that I think these trucks look best in Ingot Silver and Oxford White though. I really like the Blue Jeans Metallic also. Too many great colors to choose just one though. I love the Blue Flame though. I've actually only seen maybe 2 or 3 others around my city that are the Blue Flame and one of them is a Raptor. I get a lot of compliments everywhere I go about the color though, especially when she's all clean. Mainly from women, it really pisses my wife off, haha.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Double
Last edited by Skootertrash; 06-24-2014 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Double post

Quick Reply: What's your favorite F150 color?