General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What programmer/tuner works best for 2013 F150 FX2

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What programmer/tuner works best for 2013 F150 FX2

I am looking to buy a programmer/tuner for my 2013 Ford F150 FX2 and am looking for suggestions. I would like to get one with multiple settings and also would like to know if the ones you suggest require other upgrades to the vehicle; such as, cold air intake, pyrometer, etc. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:34 PM
I like to eat.

Received 470 Likes on 325 Posts

This should be moved.

Everyone is going to give you a different answer. Do your own research so you can make an informed decision. Otherwise you'll end up making a decision based on hearsay.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:47 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Moved to general discussion area.

And /\/\ what he said. Lots of discussions prior on same topic with some people preferring one brand over another but generally, the SCT X4 7015 is the most popular by far tuner for the F series.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:43 AM

Received 289 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by jacket56
I am looking to buy a programmer/tuner for my 2013 Ford F150 FX2 and am looking for suggestions. I would like to get one with multiple settings and also would like to know if the ones you suggest require other upgrades to the vehicle; such as, cold air intake, pyrometer, etc. Thanks in advance.
What engine do you have?

None of the tunes require other upgrades, but a lot of them will give you a customized tune if you do add other upgrades, even if it's after you buy the tuner.

And IMO, skip a CAI. They pretty much just make noise and add very little in the power department.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:32 PM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

There are 3 programming platforms: SCT, MyCal, and nGauge. There are more tuners on SCT than any other platform.

As for tuners, there are many: Unleashed, LMS, Brew City Boost, 5*, MPT, LET and a host of others. All, will have some variation and will custom tune - other than LMS I believe - to your liking and wants. You can search this forum or head to Facebook where the tuners interact more. Type Ecoboost in the search bar and you will find sites where you can ask questions and then contact tuners. Most play nicely with each other with little to no drama - that is not the case with all, however.

AFAIK, there is no SOTF capability presently as there is in the diesel market, so you would have to buy the tunes that you want and load individually. I'd be happy to be corrected on this one!

W.r.t. mods in addition to a tune, there are a couple that do make a difference: 170 degree T-stat (keep engine running cooler at the sacrifice of less heat in extreme cold climates in winter), CAC (to deal with heat soak,) exhaust manifold adapters (other than a painful install, no downside,) meth and NOS. The last two I'd read up on unless you are well versed already. The rest is snake oil as in not much gain for the buck.

Quick Reply: What programmer/tuner works best for 2013 F150 FX2