Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Micky Mouse work have you found?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Micky Mouse work have you found?

I thought this would be a funny thread to start.

Along with all the duct tape I've found, over this past weekend I was looking for a rattling noise that was coming from the bed area. I looked underneath the bed to find drywall anchors that were being used to hold the side steps on had come lose. The things someone has done to this truck never ceases to amaze me, lol.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:30 AM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is one thread that def. needs pics.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:18 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I needed to change the fuel pump on my truck. The tank was full and I didn't want to remove the bed. Sawzall to the rescue. I cut a hole in the floor of the bed. The cutout was glued back in place with Windshield polyurethane. You cannot see it for the bed liner....
Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Johns1990
I thought this would be a funny thread to start.

Along with all the duct tape I've found, over this past weekend I was looking for a rattling noise that was coming from the bed area. I looked underneath the bed to find drywall anchors that were being used to hold the side steps on had come lose. The things someone has done to this truck never ceases to amaze me, lol.
Should check the manual I think it calls for lag srews
Old 08-11-2010, 11:41 AM

This obviously isnt my truck but it's a car I bought awhile ago. That pic is showing a gutted tie rod end mounted to the lower strut mounts with about 50 washers used as spacer to make it fit. on top of that the tension bar on the lower control arm also was filled with washers this was both sides probaby 300 washers total and to top it off 3 of them were cracked taking all tension off the bolts.

next story the f350 i bought, the bed was held on by vice grips, they were so rusted out I had to torch them off haha. no surprises on the f150 but it only had 20k miles on it so i would hope there wouldn't be.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 PM
big cube 426

^^ thats some scary chit right there^^
Old 08-11-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by big cube 426
^^ thats some scary chit right there^^
worst part was I drove it probably 2k miles first and was under the car bleeding the clutch line when i looked at the front and was like :furi ous:
Old 08-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Justin

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WHiTE4X4

This obviously isnt my truck but it's a car I bought awhile ago. That pic is showing a gutted tie rod end mounted to the lower strut mounts with about 50 washers used as spacer to make it fit. on top of that the tension bar on the lower control arm also was filled with washers this was both sides probaby 300 washers total and to top it off 3 of them were cracked taking all tension off the bolts.

next story the f350 i bought, the bed was held on by vice grips, they were so rusted out I had to torch them off haha. no surprises on the f150 but it only had 20k miles on it so i would hope there wouldn't be.
Nice! Talk about some quality craftsmanship.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:31 PM

I spliced a belt back together on a hay baler other day with fence wire. It worked good for about 10 rolls and then it started coming apart again. But I was in a hurry to get it baled before it got dark so it worked prety good.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My whole truck is mickey moused lol. the exhaust is a mystery on how and why the last owner did the exhaust and appareantly it has a 3 im suspension lift but the suspension looks facotory. The front 2 body lift blocks are tubing weleded to the frame. And the hid lieghts the previous owner putin are sketch y cuse there is only one beam level and when the headlights are on the radio gets scratchy but i honestly dont give a damn

Quick Reply: What Micky Mouse work have you found?