Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Color Grill Is This?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Color Grill Is This?

The listing on ebay says black.....

Ive seen many different images on Google, read several descriptions, and cant quite figure out what the base color is.... im wanting this grill for my Tuxedo Black truck, and cant tell if this will match or look good, or if it will look stupid.... ive seen it on several trucks driving by but havent got close enough to see if its gloss black, tux black, charcoal gray....

I have the full chrome version of this grill now, and wouldn't mind a tux black one for it even without the red accents.

Any insight or pics, or links to a good grill for a tux black truck feel free to drop them below!
Old 06-11-2019, 02:46 AM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by GooseCaller
The listing on ebay says black.....

Ive seen many different images on Google, read several descriptions, and cant quite figure out what the base color is.... im wanting this grill for my Tuxedo Black truck, and cant tell if this will match or look good, or if it will look stupid.... ive seen it on several trucks driving by but havent got close enough to see if its gloss black, tux black, charcoal gray....

I have the full chrome version of this grill now, and wouldn't mind a tux black one for it even without the red accents.

Any insight or pics, or links to a good grill for a tux black truck feel free to drop them below!
Thats the Special Edition grille hence the red insert. Don’t think I’ve ever seen it in the tux black, pretty much that color, which I believe is the charcoal or flat gray color, or in magnetic which I have with a black insert. Believe mine came off an XLT with the sport package? Not quite sure though, I replaced my OEM Lariat grille with it cause I liked the look better. First pic is my truck, second is a pic I found so you could get an idea of one on a tux black. Hope that helps.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Old Fart

Received 1,220 Likes on 855 Posts

Take the insert out and paint the frame and bigger bars Tuxedo Black, I painted a 6 Bar grille Tuxedo Black for my 13.

The 2 parts come apart at the back line
Old 06-11-2019, 11:13 AM

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Funny you should post that pic , gotta order one for a body shop job. According to my catalog it's p/n GL3Z-8200-BA, "Tarnished Dark Ano.(dized? catalog doesn't say exactly), paint to match.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Old Fart

Received 1,220 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by rmc63
Funny you should post that pic , gotta order one for a body shop job. According to my catalog it's p/n GL3Z-8200-BA, "Tarnished Dark Ano.(dized? catalog doesn't say exactly), paint to match.
There is a guy here running around with one on his Lightning Blue that was painted and he has all the red Emblems and it looks real nice, the guy with the Ruby Red has the black smaller bars but the rest is Ruby and it is pretty sharp also.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:09 PM

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

And of course my catalog and mama Ford's own damned website (Historical Vehicle Bill of Materials) ARE BLOODY WRONG! That grille's p/n is GL3Z-8200-BB and isn't even one of the choices for a '15 to '17 F150. I love my job...........
Old 06-11-2019, 08:01 PM

Received 989 Likes on 667 Posts

I`ve been looking to get that grill for my KR, I like the red bars.But,the $450 price tag is a little hard to take.

Quick Reply: What Color Grill Is This?