General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weathermen suck

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 09:53 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Weathermen suck

Had the day off today...took care of some chores and checked in on my parents house for them since they are out of town, and then realized I had enough time to give my truck a good washing (sorely needed). First though, having wasted my time before, pulled out my trusty smartphone to check for storms/rain in the forecast. All clear...10% chance of precipitation the rest of the day and all through the next day. So I cleaned her up....spotless...microfiber towel dried....the whole nine yards. Black truck and was looking great. Got in the truck to head home. About 10 minutes from the house I notice a black cloud looming complete with lightning....you could actually see the downpour before I got to it. I could see from the way the storm was moving there was no way around it. Typical....lol. At least it was clean for about 20 minutes or so !

Oh well, I guess if that was the biggest issue I had to deal with today things are not so bad...just felt like bitching a little bit!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Got-R-Did

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah same thing happened to me two weeks ago. Never fun
Old 05-16-2012, 11:08 PM

Received 100 Likes on 89 Posts

Could have been worse. Could have been on a bike. Been there.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:50 PM
2008 FX4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had this happen to me saturday....and again today. it sux mad moose ***** lol

Originally Posted by rbrais
Could have been worse. Could have been on a bike. Been there.
the worst is having to sit on the side of the road waiting for the rain to pass while everyone driving by is laughing their assets off at you.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jmarine81
i had this happen to me saturday....and again today. it sux mad moose ***** lol

the worst is having to sit on the side of the road waiting for the rain to pass while everyone driving by is laughing their assets off at you.
Haha! Last time I got stuck, there were no overpasses and no exits, so I just motored along at about 30, trying not to hydroplane. I could barely see it was coming down so hard!

Oh, now I carry some cheap rain gear, just in case.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:15 AM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

You should know living in the SE that this time of year and for the rest of the summer it can rain if there's 0% chance of rain! Those nice cool sea breezes come in off the Gulf or Atlantic and clash with the hot air over land and a black cloud can pop up anywhere! We had some pretty good storms here in NW FL last night right about sunset, made for a good lightning show and got about .5" of rain. Welcome to Summer in the SE!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:30 AM
FN SWT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerz1
Had the day off today...took care of some chores and checked in on my parents house for them since they are out of town, and then realized I had enough time to give my truck a good washing (sorely needed). First though, having wasted my time before, pulled out my trusty smartphone to check for storms/rain in the forecast. All clear...10% chance of precipitation the rest of the day and all through the next day. So I cleaned her up....spotless...microfiber towel dried....the whole nine yards. Black truck and was looking great. Got in the truck to head home. About 10 minutes from the house I notice a black cloud looming complete with lightning....you could actually see the downpour before I got to it. I could see from the way the storm was moving there was no way around it. Typical....lol. At least it was clean for about 20 minutes or so !

Oh well, I guess if that was the biggest issue I had to deal with today things are not so bad...just felt like bitching a little bit!
Can't say it's the weatherman's fault. You decided to gamble, played the odds...and lost. Happens to all of us!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Gotta remember... Being a meteoroligist is the only job where you get paid to be wrong 80% of the time and still have a job.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened to me the morning before prom! Washed the truck up real nice. I leave to go get some things for prom, and it starts a down pour. Worst thing of it all, I had to go down a dirt road. It rained until about an hour before prom.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by JCT1990
Gotta remember... Being a meteoroligist is the only job where you get paid to be wrong 80% of the time and still have a job.
February of 2011 we were in for a snow storm and I did not want to be snowed in....again. Calling for 1-2" per hour starting at 1:00am. So I went to bed at 11:30, right after the weather and set my alarm for 2:00 so I could get a first plow in.

Opened the door and had 10". My little 245 had no chance. I was snowed in again.

Quick Reply: Weathermen suck