General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leak

Has anyone experienced a major water leak coming from seatbelt on the passenger rear seat? I have taken my truck in 3 times and the dealer says they can not find the leak. I drive it straight home water test it and it leaks every time in a matter of 2 minutes. Pretty big leak. They have replaced the roof brake light gasket and rear window gasket. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen and how they fixed it. Getting ridiculous having to take it in so many times. All ford says is to bring to different dealer. It is has been a different dealer for 6 days now.
Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2017, 07:42 AM
SSDD

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Do you have a sunroof? Maybe a clogged drainage channel or something
Old 11-03-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Check window seal. There is a few threads on this. It's common on trucks with the power sliding window in the rear. Some have found remedy, others have not.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:17 AM

Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts

If you have a ribbed roof, the ribs tend to stress crack and leak. The cracks are hard to see as they tend to look like scratches. This leak is usually not seen when the headliner is still installed, and will run down the inside of the headliner looking like a rear window leak or a sunroof leak.

Check this out:
Old 11-13-2017, 05:24 PM

Sorry been out hunting for awhile. The front window seal replaced, back window sealed replaced, gasket on roof brake light replaced, all the drain tubes checked and cleaned and now they are replacing all the seam sealer on the roof. The sunroof is not leaking when I water test I don't put any water on it. I had to get the BBB and National Highway and Transportation Administration involved to get the ball rolling. This is the fourth trip to the dealer and each time they have it about a week. Ford called me today and they are suppose to be sending out an engineer this week.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they don't get it fixed you always have the option to claim that it's a lemon, and demand a replacement. If you take it back 4 times and the problem is still not fixed within 2 years or 24K miles.
This is per the Texas Lemon law . http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consu...tion/lemon-law
Old 11-14-2017, 02:08 PM

I wish I could. The truck is a year and five months old and has 34 K for the mileage. Ford has been in contact as they promised and trying to find a way to fix the truck. They don't know how long it will take so agreed to get me a F150 rental until they fix the truck. Other issue I had was when they fixed it last time about 15 dents appeared in the roof. I video my truck inside and out from a bad experience I had with dealer scratching my nav screen and said I couldn't prove they did it. I am waiting for ford to approve the repairs that they dealer did. I hate dishonesty and making someone else pay for something you did. One picture taken in dealers parking lot before dropping off and second when I got it back. Clear the dealer did the damage. So now they won't fix until Ford see it at the dealer. No telling how long that will take.

sees the truck.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:21 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

sorry for your troubles - looks like 1/2 ft forward and 3-4 backwards. I would pursue the option of getting FORD to replace the car...Also, once/if you get all the issues resolved, you need to have a consequential clause in your last set of repairs that states even if your warranty is over and any problem as a result of a previous repair, it shall be covered in full by FORD. Make sure it's FORD, and not a specific dealership, unless it's 100% transferable until it is fixed to your satisfaction. Nothing is more frustrating than having to speed a lot of time, energy and effort just to get back to where you should be in the first place - good luck and keep us posted
Old 11-21-2017, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TxHunter77
One picture taken in dealers parking lot before dropping off and second when I got it back. Clear the dealer did the damage. So now they won't fix until Ford see it at the dealer. No telling how long that will take.

sees the truck.
Am I missing something here? Looks like the first picture is with the trim moulding in place over the seam, and the second is with the moulding removed.

The "dents" in the second picture look like the normal spot welds from assembly of the body panels.