Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning parking brake light stays on

 
Old 06-12-2019, 08:32 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning parking brake light stays on

I have a Ford F150 SVT Raptor 5.4L 2010, the warning parking brake light stays on all the time.

The truck was scanned and found the code C1125 and U2023, we proceeded to replace the parking brake micro switch and the brake fluid level switch on the master brake pump, both parts are new, a Clear code was executed with the scanner and the brake lamp stays on.

We also performed a functional test on the instrument cluster with the scanner and noticed that during that test we can turn the brake lamp off and on.

According to the mechanic, we have communication with that lamp, but after we close and disconnect the scanner, the brake lamp comes back on and continues to stay on all the time.

Looking for more information the code C1125 indicates that the error can be in 3 parts:
  1. PARKING BRAKE WARNING INDICATOR SWITCH: it was replaced by a new one, continuity test (ohms test) was made to the harness from one side to the other and that's fine, but the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.
  2. Brake fluid level switch: replaced by a new one, continuity test (ohms test) was made to the harness from one side to the other and that's fine, but the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.
  3. The third is for the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), controlled by the ABS. I have no idea what it is and where it is, any ideas?


Just in case, the brake pedal switch was replaced and even the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.

I just need to test with the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), controlled by the ABS and I have no idea how and where is that located?


Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions where the problem may be?
ghuertas is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:36 AM
  #2  
ford dealer parts guy
iTrader: (1)
 
djfllmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,701
Received 1,040 Likes on 852 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ghuertas View Post
I have a Ford F150 SVT Raptor 5.4L 2010, the warning parking brake light stays on all the time.

The truck was scanned and found the code C1125 and U2023, we proceeded to replace the parking brake micro switch and the brake fluid level switch on the master brake pump, both parts are new, a Clear code was executed with the scanner and the brake lamp stays on.

We also performed a functional test on the instrument cluster with the scanner and noticed that during that test we can turn the brake lamp off and on.

According to the mechanic, we have communication with that lamp, but after we close and disconnect the scanner, the brake lamp comes back on and continues to stay on all the time.

Looking for more information the code C1125 indicates that the error can be in 3 parts:
  1. PARKING BRAKE WARNING INDICATOR SWITCH: it was replaced by a new one, continuity test (ohms test) was made to the harness from one side to the other and that's fine, but the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.
  2. Brake fluid level switch: replaced by a new one, continuity test (ohms test) was made to the harness from one side to the other and that's fine, but the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.
  3. The third is for the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), controlled by the ABS. I have no idea what it is and where it is, any ideas?

Just in case, the brake pedal switch was replaced and even the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.

I just need to test with the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), controlled by the ABS and I have no idea how and where is that located?


Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions where the problem may be?
you need a ford IDS or a similar scan tool. The EBD is controlled by the ABS pump
djfllmn is online now  
Old 06-13-2019, 10:20 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 216
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Have you tried to simply pull up on the parking brake while holding the release lever, It may not be fully releasing at the pedal due to a weak spring or stretched cables.
NFortin1966 is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 06:52 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
powerranger262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hartford, WI
Posts: 4,565
Received 592 Likes on 466 Posts
Default

I know when I had this issue on my 07, it was the cluster. Put a new one in, and never came on again.
May be different in your case, seeing as though you can turn it off with computer, but i still wouldn't rule it out.
powerranger262 is online now  
Old 06-16-2019, 02:59 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post
you need a ford IDS or a similar scan tool. The EBD is controlled by the ABS pump
ABS control module, on my 2010, caused the light to stay on.
Spencer Allen is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 04:32 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
jeffinthebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,044
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts
Default

I have to do what nfortin1996 said to do. When I release my parking braking is just misses coming all the way up to shut of the switch. A quick tap from behind does it. I have a 2013.
jeffinthebag is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:01 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Stays on on one of mine. I just live with it. Not worth the money to fix.
Vigilant is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:10 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 216
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Stays on on one of mine. I just live with it. Not worth the money to fix.
Not very wise....This light not only indicates that the parking brake is not releases, it also indicates a low brake fluid condition which can alert you to a possible problem with the braking system like a small leak before you actually have no braking at all. The ABS light will not do this as it only monitors the ABS system and nothing else.
NFortin1966 is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 08:56 AM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hi Spencer; Did you have the same problem, what did you do, did you replace the ABS module and was it corrected? Thanks.
ghuertas is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 08:59 AM
  #10  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

You indicated that The EBD is controlled by the ABS pump, that is the electronic part that is coupled with the ABS pump.
ghuertas is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Warning parking brake light stays on


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: