General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning parking brake light stays on

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning parking brake light stays on

I have a Ford F150 SVT Raptor 5.4L 2010, the warning parking brake light stays on all the time.

The truck was scanned and found the code C1125 and U2023, we proceeded to replace the parking brake micro switch and the brake fluid level switch on the master brake pump, both parts are new, a Clear code was executed with the scanner and the brake lamp stays on.

We also performed a functional test on the instrument cluster with the scanner and noticed that during that test we can turn the brake lamp off and on.

According to the mechanic, we have communication with that lamp, but after we close and disconnect the scanner, the brake lamp comes back on and continues to stay on all the time.

Looking for more information the code C1125 indicates that the error can be in 3 parts:
  1. PARKING BRAKE WARNING INDICATOR SWITCH: it was replaced by a new one, continuity test (ohms test) was made to the harness from one side to the other and that's fine, but the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.
  2. Brake fluid level switch: replaced by a new one, continuity test (ohms test) was made to the harness from one side to the other and that's fine, but the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.
  3. The third is for the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), controlled by the ABS. I have no idea what it is and where it is, any ideas?

Just in case, the brake pedal switch was replaced and even the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.

I just need to test with the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), controlled by the ABS and I have no idea how and where is that located?

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions where the problem may be?
Old 06-12-2019, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,126 Likes on 2,832 Posts

Originally Posted by ghuertas
I have a Ford F150 SVT Raptor 5.4L 2010, the warning parking brake light stays on all the time.

The truck was scanned and found the code C1125 and U2023, we proceeded to replace the parking brake micro switch and the brake fluid level switch on the master brake pump, both parts are new, a Clear code was executed with the scanner and the brake lamp stays on.

We also performed a functional test on the instrument cluster with the scanner and noticed that during that test we can turn the brake lamp off and on.

According to the mechanic, we have communication with that lamp, but after we close and disconnect the scanner, the brake lamp comes back on and continues to stay on all the time.

Looking for more information the code C1125 indicates that the error can be in 3 parts:
  1. PARKING BRAKE WARNING INDICATOR SWITCH: it was replaced by a new one, continuity test (ohms test) was made to the harness from one side to the other and that's fine, but the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.
  2. Brake fluid level switch: replaced by a new one, continuity test (ohms test) was made to the harness from one side to the other and that's fine, but the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.
  3. The third is for the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), controlled by the ABS. I have no idea what it is and where it is, any ideas?

Just in case, the brake pedal switch was replaced and even the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.

I just need to test with the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), controlled by the ABS and I have no idea how and where is that located?

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions where the problem may be?
you need a ford IDS or a similar scan tool. The EBD is controlled by the ABS pump
Old 06-13-2019, 10:20 PM

Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts

Have you tried to simply pull up on the parking brake while holding the release lever, It may not be fully releasing at the pedal due to a weak spring or stretched cables.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:52 AM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

I know when I had this issue on my 07, it was the cluster. Put a new one in, and never came on again.
May be different in your case, seeing as though you can turn it off with computer, but i still wouldn't rule it out.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by djfllmn
you need a ford IDS or a similar scan tool. The EBD is controlled by the ABS pump
ABS control module, on my 2010, caused the light to stay on.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:32 PM

Received 336 Likes on 261 Posts

I have to do what nfortin1996 said to do. When I release my parking braking is just misses coming all the way up to shut of the switch. A quick tap from behind does it. I have a 2013.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stays on on one of mine. I just live with it. Not worth the money to fix.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:10 PM

Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Vigilant
Stays on on one of mine. I just live with it. Not worth the money to fix.
Not very wise....This light not only indicates that the parking brake is not releases, it also indicates a low brake fluid condition which can alert you to a possible problem with the braking system like a small leak before you actually have no braking at all. The ABS light will not do this as it only monitors the ABS system and nothing else.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:56 AM

Hi Spencer; Did you have the same problem, what did you do, did you replace the ABS module and was it corrected? Thanks.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:59 AM

You indicated that The EBD is controlled by the ABS pump, that is the electronic part that is coupled with the ABS pump.

Quick Reply: Warning parking brake light stays on