General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volume Dealers & Low Prices??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Volume Dealers & Low Prices??

A little background so you understand my question and where I'm coming from and why I'm asking the question. I'm a Ford guy but also like Ram and my personal truck is a Ram 2500 Mega Cab 6.4L. I love the truck and it has been very good to me. Had Ford offered a Mega Cab I'd be driving it right now. I knew I wanted a Mega Cab (MC) when I started looking so I joined a dedicated Ram forum like this one here. Found out that Ram has several very large volume dealers in North America that have 300-450 Ram trucks in stock, on their lots and offer a "no haggle" price. I was skeptical about the no haggle because I was fully prepared to start the crap process of negotiating and buying a new truck at a dealer. After comparing prices for my ordered truck it was clear that if I ordered my truck and flew up and drove home I would save more than $4500 over buying locally after all expenses. So, that's what I did. Was an easy and great transaction.

So, here we are today. Yesterday my wife was on the freeway in her 2012 Explorer Limited that is three months out of warranty and 100,239 miles on the Odo and it starts to shake and shudder real bad while she is under power but then goes away if she takes her foot off the gas. Even moderate or light throttle it shakes badly and then nothing upon coasting. Anyways, we were going to try to have this car for another 2-3 years until our son graduates high school and then look for a new Expedition for her. My question is, does Ford have these same high volume dealers that offer true no haggle pricing where the prices are good enough to make the fly and drive home worth the transaction? Or am I down for a "fun" 4 hours at a dealership if I decide to replace the Explorer? I live in Socal and have no issues doing this if I can save money over buying from my local dealer. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:15 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Rebates apply to where you register the vehicle, not where you buy it. So any advertised price which includes rebates (all of them) won't apply to you. You also pay sales tax for the registration location.

Simply get Ford's X-Plan if you want No Haggle. A hair above invoice, minus all rebates that you qualify for. Couldn't be easier. Experimental Aircraft Association membership gets it for you if you can't find it otherwise.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:52 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

Brandon Ford had something like 500+ F150s on the lot at any given time, and there are lots of other dealers Nationwide like that for Ford. Our deal was substantially better than X-plan when we got our F150. The way I understand it is, X-plan is great for folks in isolated areas without access to higher volume dealers who can deal better on pricing.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies, fellas. I understand the rebates and taxes, etc. I also get X-plan or something similar through my work due to the amount of Ford trucks the company buys. Without doing a lot of research I'm pretty sure the discounts off MSRP got on my Ram would far exceed the same percentages Ford X-plan members would be getting off MSRP. Yes, I understand dealer invoice is a probably a better barometer on how much discount one receives. If X-plan is all I that is possible then no need to fly and drive to save more money.

Quick Reply: Volume Dealers & Low Prices??