Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Verbose Tailgate Question

Old 06-27-2015, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Verbose Tailgate Question

My 2006 F150 Flareside, once young and pretty, red with painted white GT-40 stripes down the side and a pristine white tonneau covering the bed is now showing its age. There are dings in the paint and the tonneau is yellow and torn. The truck is now being fitted with an off-the-shelf, Torza Tonneau... The color I chose was... Now what was it? Oh ya, black. Evidently, black is the "in" look and no other choices exist.

And as the tonneau is black, and pretty is no longer an option, I might as well replace the tailgate with something more utilitarian as well. So when I'm backing my hauler with a very low sports car on it (red, with white stripes... Get it?), I might stand a chance of actually seeing where it's headed. I hate having to take the tailgate off (heavy), and never did like "nets" (flimsy) and a fifth wheel louvered gate seems ostentatious. I did come across the Go Industries Air Flow Tailgate, which would be the perfect choice, but alas, pretty gets shut out again... They don't fit stepsides.

Does anyone know of a ridged, utilitarian see-through tailgate 51.5" wide that fits a F150 Flareside? Looks don't really matter because even though the truck might not be pretty anymore, the car it hauls still is

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Verbose Tailgate Question