General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSB 15-0003 Oil Rising / Dealer Rant

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TSB 15-0003 Oil Rising / Dealer Rant

Just curios, have any of you that had the dealer perform this TSB have any issues getting them to do it? Sooo frustrated with my local Ford dealers. My truck has spent its fair share of time in the shop since new (only 45,000 miles on it now). It has had the transmission out 4 different times, exhaust leaks (probably due to the transmission work), Engine missing issues due to moisture in intercooler (ford says is normal), strange power loss / fuel economy issues, throttle body failure that left me stranded with boat in tow, and now the dreaded timing chain noise.

My 2013 ecoboost is currently in the shop getting the timing chain TSB performed. It was like pulling teeth to get them to do that. Couple of years ago when the transmission work was being done, I expressed my concern with my oil level rising between oil changes. At the time they said "its a known issue with the ecoboost engines and nothing they can do" Since this is my last "in warranty" visit to the dealer I decided to bring it up to them again. Simply asked the adviser to look into it to see if they have any fixes for it. My dealer communicates via text messages. He text and said my truck is ready to go. I replied and asked about the oil issue. His reply was "unfortunately we did not find anything out about this issue". How is it these idiots work with this crap everyday and I can find more information via google and in this forum in 5 minutes than they can with the Ford databases to work off of? So I guess I am going to buy the parts for the TSB myself and see if it helps.

So again my question, Did you have any problems getting them to do it and did you notice if the TSB actually worked?
Old 05-03-2018, 09:30 PM

Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts

[/QUOTE]How is it these idiots work with this crap everyday and I can find more information via google and in this forum in 5 minutes than they can with the Ford databases to work off of?[/QUOTE]

-Yep - deny, deny, don't admit that you know anything, otherwise someone might hold you to your word. The way of dealerships - all brands, motorcycles, outboards and all. Also banks and telecoms.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How is it these idiots work with this crap everyday and I can find more information via google and in this forum in 5 minutes than they can with the Ford databases to work off of?[/QUOTE]

-Yep - deny, deny, don't admit that you know anything, otherwise someone might hold you to your word. The way of dealerships - all brands, motorcycles, outboards and all. Also banks and telecoms.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had to print the timing chain TSB out and hand it to the service adviser and then the service manager before they would do anything. Managers comment was, "well the tech working on your truck has been working here for years and he never knew anything about timing chain issues with any ecoboost".
Old 05-04-2018, 01:12 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

If you're not satisfied with your local dealer's replies, contact Ford national CS. If you're not satisfied with them, contact a lawyer. Keep all your documentation of every failure, all your down-time, and each repair (no matter who does it).
Old 05-06-2018, 05:33 PM

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

The dealership, "CAN FIND THE TSB" notices "IF" they will just look for them. We do it everyday !!!
Old 05-07-2018, 07:44 AM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

First problem is, most of these UTI techs come out with about as much skill is needed to plug in a computer, read a diagnosis, and then follow the factory manual's step-by-step instructions on how to perform the repair. Many dealers don't have legit old-school techs anymore, just legions of these numbskulls who couldn't identify rod knock until a block gets a vent.

Then you have service managers who know even less about repair work. That doesn't help things at all.
The following users liked this post:
Alan in bc (05-07-2018)

Quick Reply: TSB 15-0003 Oil Rising / Dealer Rant