Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truxedo Pro X15 with 2 dirt bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 08:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Truxedo Pro X15 with 2 dirt bikes?

Hi!
Does anyone have the new Pro X15 in a 6.5' box with 2 dirt bikes? Can you close the tailgate?
I visited a dealer today that had the lo pro qt and the pro x15 side by side on display, the x15 definitely has a wider bracket by the window that goes rail to rail, I'm worried I won't be able to get the bikes in with the tailgate closed.
The pro x15 is less than a year old and only managed to find one comment in another thread that talks about bikes not fitting with it, but haven't been able to confirm if that was in a 5.5' or 6'5 box, so here I am.

Anyone have any experience with this new cover and dirt bikes?
Old 06-12-2018, 09:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dont have a 6.5 bed right now, but with my trucks in the past 2 full size bikes (450s) never fit with the tail gate all the way up. Maybe if you angle each bike it would be possible. We sometimes would loop the straps around the tailgate clamp posts. This leave the tailgate open, but at like a 60 degree angle, so thinga dont slide out of the bed. A few years back I invested in an amp black aluminum bed extender. Best purchase ever! Going on my 3rd truck and I keep moving it to new ones, works for tailgate up storage as well.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:13 PM

Angled right you can fit two bikes in a 6.5 box with the gate closed, but the soft rollup covers take away a few inches at the front that can push out the bikes too far to close the tailgate.

Thanks for the extender tip.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:25 AM
F150 Vendor

Received 136 Likes on 95 Posts

Keep in mind that with either the LoPro or X15 you can release the front header bar without tools... so worst case pop it out and lay in the bed while hauling the bikes if you need to...

If I can help further or give you a discounted forum price on the covers feel free to send me a PM...

Luke Kyle - Owner
Truck Alterations
http://www.truckalterations.com
luke@truckalterations.com
Old 06-14-2018, 02:57 PM

Agreed.
I prefer to find something that I can leave rolled up...when I get to the trails, in the middle of nowhere, I like the idea of being able to cover the box so the stuff we leave behind is out of sight.

Quick Reply: Truxedo Pro X15 with 2 dirt bikes?