General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

truck threw its first code this week

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Default truck threw its first code this week

during a camping trip this weekend I hauled my TT for three hrs through mountains without an issue.. after being there two days I filled the truck with fuel and parked it.. and woke up to an engine light... nearest dealer was about an hr and a half away.. called my dealer who said just drive it home so I did.. got home checked the code
P0111... reset it and haven't seen it since.. the truck is a 2012 Eco Screw.. would you worry about it?
truck only has 3000 km on it.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Sarcastic Soul

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Water in fuel? That's a fuel related code, so my guess it's not something with the truck long term.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:37 PM

I thought is was an air intake temp code... but fuel makes sense.
I fueled up at a station I've never used before and I'm not likely to fuel up there again...
After clearing the code I haven't seen it return.. guess I'll worry about it if it does.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Sarcastic Soul

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Air/fuel mixture could be how it's sense the problem. I had that a while ago in my MazdaSpeed6 - it was VERY picky about fuel. Had to get gas that was labeled "93 Premium" and about 5 minutes after filling up, I was pretty low, my car started throwing check engine lights, codes, etc. I checked the cap, good an tight....was getting some slight decrease in performance. Drove about 30 miles, stopped @ an AutoZone, got fuel additive for water, stopped @ a Sunoco put in the 94 Octane they carry, lights/codes stopped throwing in about another 10 miles. If it hasn't come back after clearing/refueling at a trusted spot, I'd not worry about it.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Animal Hoarder

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

P0111 is Intake Air Temperature Circuit Range/Performance.

Has nothing to do with fuel. May be a fluke, or your sensor has a bad connection or is going bad. Clear the code and see if it comes back. Typically wont cause a driving issue.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:43 AM

ok.. here is a skill testing question.... if I clear a trouble code myself using an OBD scanner.. can the service guys recall it.. or do I need to have an active code when it goes in ?

Quick Reply: truck threw its first code this week