Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck has mildew smell after it rains... really? REALLY?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 09:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Truck has mildew smell after it rains... really? REALLY?

I came to the dark side two years ago from my Nissan Titan and tried Ford out. So far I really like my F150 except for two things. The first is one that I am pretty sure I can not change which is the "auto-gas-saver" button that I have to disable every time the truck starts up because it is a complete waste of a product to me. I wish I could disable it permanently...well its not a big deal. The second is that every time it rains, there is a mildew smell in the truck for several days afterwards. I checked out the ENTIRE interior of the truck several times and there is absolutely NO WATER ANYWHERE PERIOD, and no wet carpets! AND NO WINDOWS OPEN OR LEAKS ANYWHERE! But the smell still comes right after it rains and goes away after a few days. I did an online search and saw that some owners have taken their truck in to the dealer several times for this issue and got no answer or fix for the problem. Really? I simply don't have the money to get a loaner 3-4 times over a period of a few days each time to take it in so that the dealer can end up giving me the run-around. So I am REALLY hoping someone here has an answer/fix to this please! I am by no means a mechanic at all so please go easy layman's terms on me but if it is something that I can do lightly without taking apart a bunch of stuff on the truck, then I would be willing to put in the work. I figure there has to be a LOT more owners out there than just me who are experiencing this smell! Any help is much appreciated please!

Last edited by Thlorian; 11-20-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:43 PM

Received 167 Likes on 82 Posts

Last edited by 1sharphook; 01-10-2022 at 09:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Thlorian (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 10:53 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Damn, the 4-post newbie laying it down
Old 11-21-2017, 08:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So basically its back and forth with the dealer which is bs, deal with the smell, or trade this one in and buy a new truck that doesn't say FORD . . .
Old 11-21-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Thlorian
So basically its back and forth with the dealer which is bs, deal with the smell, or trade this one in and buy a new truck that doesn't say FORD . . .
Sorry you're having to deal with this crap. I've always driven fords but I've come close, very close, to buy from the competition on several occasions when ford apparently cant get all it's ducks in a row and i end up having to deal with sh*t, i shouldn't have to on new vehicles.
All i can tell you is to call fords customer service and let them know how unhappy you are. And do that every couple days.
I understand If you end up trading it on another brand. Just make sure you let FOMO know that you're doing it and why.
Lots of luck!

Quick Reply: Truck has mildew smell after it rains... really? REALLY?