General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny/rearend shudder on startup

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 04:27 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Default tranny/rearend shudder on startup

I see lots of stuff on 2-1 downshift, but I'm getting it on startup.
On our 2011 F150 5.0 4x4 Scab XLT w/Synch, towing pkg, 40k miles, we experience a shudder when starting out from a stop, especially when turning left. It seems to be getting progressively worse, and has been happening since right after we bought the truck new.

It almost feels like the old positraction rearends used to feel when the clutches slipped. Have asked Ford dlr where we bought it, and the service guy says he has no idea, but his son is getting the same thing on his truck.

Sometimes there's no shudder at all, and other times it only happens when it's cold.

Any ideas on this one? Or point me to other discussion on it.

thanks!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by friartuck
I see lots of stuff on 2-1 downshift, but I'm getting it on startup.
On our 2011 F150 5.0 4x4 Scab XLT w/Synch, towing pkg, 40k miles, we experience a shudder when starting out from a stop, especially when turning left. It seems to be getting progressively worse, and has been happening since right after we bought the truck new.

It almost feels like the old positraction rearends used to feel when the clutches slipped. Have asked Ford dlr where we bought it, and the service guy says he has no idea, but his son is getting the same thing on his truck.

Sometimes there's no shudder at all, and other times it only happens when it's cold.

Any ideas on this one? Or point me to other discussion on it.

thanks!
friartuck,

I responded on your thread about your battery concern. Just mention this when you PM me about that, and I'll look at both concerns.

Ashley

Quick Reply: tranny/rearend shudder on startup