General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Towing mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Towing mirrors

I have a 2014 F150 XLT with standard power mirrors with turn signals, I would like to upgrade to slide out large mirrors for towing. All mirrors I see for sale are power with heated glass, puddle lights and turn signals. Most say if truck does not have all these options mirrors may not work correctly. All I expect is that they are power adjust, turn signal and manual slide out. Has anyone replaced their mirrors under these circumstances?
Old 11-11-2017, 06:41 PM

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

I changed mine out to a set I purchased off eBay. I had power, turn and heat. The set I purchased had Power, turn, heat and puddle. After install everything worked, including the puddle lights.
These are similar to what I purchased.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Heate...NZZHmR&vxp=mtr
Old 11-16-2017, 10:14 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I had a 2011 XLT with standard mirrors, including electric turn signal, defrost, and electric adjust. I upgraded on eBay to tow mirrors and also ended up with puddle lamps. I think si king as you have current functions on your mirrors you can upgrade with no issues.
The mirrors were super easy on that model. YouTube can help. Took about 20 minutes to do the first one and 10 to do the other side. Oh, I paid 120 bucks with free shipping. Great bargain.
The following users liked this post:
ScubaKen (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 09:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tow mirrors

Originally Posted by jrandywms
I have a 2014 F150 XLT with standard power mirrors with turn signals, I would like to upgrade to slide out large mirrors for towing. All mirrors I see for sale are power with heated glass, puddle lights and turn signals. Most say if truck does not have all these options mirrors may not work correctly. All I expect is that they are power adjust, turn signal and manual slide out. Has anyone replaced their mirrors under these circumstances?
Have a 2013 XLT and upgraded from standard to tow mirrors a year ago. I was able to find a set of OEM's locally for a reasonable price and installed. Power, heated, puddle lights, no power fold or extend. As stated by others, new mirrors will not be capable of any functions other than what the truck itself is originally capable of.

One thing to be aware of when upgrading to tows: there will be an increase in wind noise within the cab. The tows are like a couple of big Dumbo ears or barndoors out there in the wind. The noise may/may not be objectionable. I find it minor and find the increase in side/rear visibility well worth it.

Just turn the radio up a notch.
The following users liked this post:
ScubaKen (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 11:44 AM

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

kinerin,
Your right about the noise increase, but it doesn't bother me either.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:00 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jrandywms
Bought mine on eBay. Didn’t know for sure but was told older models if the function works on your current rig it will work with the tow mirrors. Everything worked on my 2011, including the puddle lamp which wasn’t on my standard mirrors. At about 200 bucks or less for the mirrors on eBay I was very happy.