General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touch up paint lost behind fender panel

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touch up paint lost behind fender panel

Yesterday I was working on my 2014 F-150 XLT SuperCrew with one of those touch up paint containers about the size of a marker. I meant to set it down right on the wiper blade it slid off and right down this little pocket on the drivers side corner of the hood. I dont see how to get it with opening the hood, it seems like it is between the fender panel and the engine bay compartment. Don't see an easy way to get to it from the wheel well either

I'm not too mechanically inclined but was wondering if there is an easy way to get to this area without pulling off the fender panel?
Old 06-18-2018, 03:10 PM

Received 3,056 Likes on 1,685 Posts

If you remove the lower screws holding on the wheel well liner, you’ll have access to that lower portion of the fender, where it and lots of leaves, dirt, etc will be.
The following users liked this post:
cpadave (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 04:36 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I dropped a spool of wire down there doing my bull bar wiring. As 2008xl said, pull screws out of wheel wheel liner and you'll be able to get right in there.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:15 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cpadave
Yesterday I was working on my 2014 F-150 XLT SuperCrew with one of those touch up paint containers about the size of a marker. I meant to set it down right on the wiper blade it slid off and right down this little pocket on the drivers side corner of the hood. I dont see how to get it with opening the hood, it seems like it is between the fender panel and the engine bay compartment. Don't see an easy way to get to it from the wheel well either

I'm not too mechanically inclined but was wondering if there is an easy way to get to this area without pulling off the fender panel?
lost my apple watch down there ... was NOT happy . but as they said there is a way to get it out ... woulda cost me 350$

Quick Reply: Touch up paint lost behind fender panel