General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau Cover Bike Rack Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tonneau Cover Bike Rack Suggestions

I have a 2011 F150-FX4 with the standard 6.5' bed with a roll-up tonneau cover that secures above the rail. I am looking for a bike rack to install over the cover, preferably high enough that I can roll it up without removing the rack.

The kicker is that all the tonneau racks I have seen on line so far want to install on the side rails where the cover is installed. What I need is a rack system that installs either outside the tonneau mounting rails or in the four corner holes, those remain unobstructed by the cover. The photo below, (stock pic from a website and not my exact install), shows the same cover/install I have on my truck. I can shoot pics of my truck if that is helpful.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 06-19-2019, 10:29 AM

Received 1,287 Likes on 903 Posts

Just buy a rack that mounts in the receiver. Better system all around.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a receiver rack. Works well, but can't use it when I want to pull the boat. Watching this thread as I also am looking for an over-the-tonneau solution. Last summer I built my own. It worked OK, but not real great. It was a pain to secure the bikes down, and I didn't really like it. My research has led me to some systems that are meant to mount to the top of a truck topper, and people mount them to the top of the bed rails. Rhino Rack is the one I have been looking at lately.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:09 PM

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAltitude
Consider a multi receiver ball mount to tow your trailer and mount a bike rack simultaneously. There are a number of double receivers available.
Obligatory towing derating comment.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a backflip cover and went the evoc tailgate pad route. Fairly easy to put on only the front wheel hangs over, love mine

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover Bike Rack Suggestions