General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tire slashing rant

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 09:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tire slashing rant

Alright I don't know if this is where this is suppose to go. But today I went all over the place getting stuff done before the work week starts, and everything was in great order with truck. So I decided I wanted to drive my truck all week so I filled her up and came home. So just to explain my car parking situation, we have to park on the street since we have no driveway but every other house on my block has a driveway. Well my neighbors are dumb and think its better to use the street instead of cleaning there driveway when it snows, well I kept getting this notes in my mail box about them blocking there mailbox because the mail lady thinks the car they drive is mine, so I tried talking to them about it a couple times with nothing being fixed well I finally got pissed because the mail started to be on hold because of the situation so I freaked out, so a week goes by and I decide I'll park my truck back a little farther so they can't park there anymore. They ran right into the back of my truck hitch and called the police and said I backed into them at 3 in the morning last week, I'm in bed because I work at 6 and the cops are beating on my door. so the cops said the story was all over the place so the people dropped charges and I continued to park my truck a little farther back. Tonight I go out and the tires next the curb on my truck are slashed!!! I didn't notice the front one right away so I didn't freak out until I looked the tire over seen a cut and thought well there must be something I hit pulling up then I noticed 4 more knife marks in the tire and seen the front tire! I lost it, I have a deer cam in my front yard because I don't like the people across the street and all the people who run in and out of the house there so the deer cam got shots of them slashing my tires! I call the police and they say they can't do anything about it because I invaded there privacy because I have a deer cam pointed at my vehicles! How is this even right? I invaded there privacy because I don't trust people around my vehicles?? This is the reason I have a camera up! And I can't get revenge on them because I already have a record and I can't risk it. But this is just Bull**** and I needed to rant, the tires are junk but its the whole fact that they still had some miles left.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:52 PM

Received 308 Likes on 247 Posts

sucks to hear about crappy neighbors. be civil, as much as it eats you up inside. that's the only thing you can be right now as you say, you have a record. just leave it be, mind your business and carry on with your life as normal as possible. sucks the cops won't use the video as evidence. I don't get how that's invading privacy?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:52 PM

Received 150 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by rangertamer
Alright I don't know if this is where this is suppose to go. But today I went all over the place getting stuff done before the work week starts, and everything was in great order with truck. So I decided I wanted to drive my truck all week so I filled her up and came home. So just to explain my car parking situation, we have to park on the street since we have no driveway but every other house on my block has a driveway. Well my neighbors are dumb and think its better to use the street instead of cleaning there driveway when it snows, well I kept getting this notes in my mail box about them blocking there mailbox because the mail lady thinks the car they drive is mine, so I tried talking to them about it a couple times with nothing being fixed well I finally got pissed because the mail started to be on hold because of the situation so I freaked out, so a week goes by and I decide I'll park my truck back a little farther so they can't park there anymore. They ran right into the back of my truck hitch and called the police and said I backed into them at 3 in the morning last week, I'm in bed because I work at 6 and the cops are beating on my door. so the cops said the story was all over the place so the people dropped charges and I continued to park my truck a little farther back. Tonight I go out and the tires next the curb on my truck are slashed!!! I didn't notice the front one right away so I didn't freak out until I looked the tire over seen a cut and thought well there must be something I hit pulling up then I noticed 4 more knife marks in the tire and seen the front tire! I lost it, I have a deer cam in my front yard because I don't like the people across the street and all the people who run in and out of the house there so the deer cam got shots of them slashing my tires! I call the police and they say they can't do anything about it because I invaded there privacy because I have a deer cam pointed at my vehicles! How is this even right? I invaded there privacy because I don't trust people around my vehicles?? This is the reason I have a camera up! And I can't get revenge on them because I already have a record and I can't risk it. But this is just Bull**** and I needed to rant, the tires are junk but its the whole fact that they still had some miles left.
I feel for you! I got some Idiot neighbors too. Keep your head up and don't stoop to their level.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 PM
2013 Tuxedo Black Limited

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I hate cowardly bastards like that. I hope you catch them.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:56 PM

Received 348 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by rangertamer
Civil lawsuit time.
The following users liked this post:
Funkdawg (01-10-2014)
Old 01-05-2014, 10:04 PM

Yeah, I'm trying to keep cool about the situation, I was planning to buy new tires soon but now I'm a little worried too. Atleast they didn't slash the tires on my focus, those are brand new. and to top off my night, my girlfriend was taking a bath and I went down to check the laundry and of course my tub drain pipes are leaking and they are brand new. Good thing I'm renting and I have a awesome land lord that's coming in the morning to fix it
Old 01-05-2014, 10:08 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Sue them in small claims court. Bring the video.
The following users liked this post:
Funkdawg (01-10-2014)
Old 01-05-2014, 10:09 PM

And according to the other cop that showed up, I was invading privacy because every time some gets right up next to my truck or car it snaps a picture. I'm sorry if anyone considers that invading privacy but I do not, I don't see a reason for anyone to be next to my vehicles unless I say so. My vehicles are not show queens by any means but I take pride in the things I own and do not want anyone messing with them.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lost In Sync
Sue them in small claims court. Bring the video.
That's what my girlfriend said to do, the police tried to take my video because they said the neighbors might want to press charges for me getting them commiting the crime on camera, I laughed at them because that would never hold up in court.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:17 PM
2016 F-350 Lariat

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

OP. Call and talk to the District Attorney's Office. Video evidence is often used in charging a crime. Why the local PD cannot make a case out of it, I can't imagine.

There is always civil court for damages if a criminal case cannot be made or proved. Civil proceedings do not require the same level of evidence.

Quick Reply: tire slashing rant