Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Rack

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Tire Rack

Has anyone here purchased tire from Tire-Rack? How is it? My Choo-Choo Custom F150 has 275-60R15 tires mounted on 10 inch wide rims. One of them has a sidewall failure and will not hold air without a inner tube, this will buy me some time. I have always purchased my tires at Big O. I asked about the cost of replacement tires. When he looked them up his eyes got real big and he said 275.00 each. With the rims I have I can't go mush smaller and even those sizes are not off the shelf sizes, at least in a 15 inch tire. When I got home I checked at Tire Rack and they have the size in a BFGoodrich Radial T/A (Performance All-Season) $124.00 each plus about $90 dollars to ship 4 of them. What's more one of the local installers for Tire Rack is Big O tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
Old 04-09-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I've never bought from them, but one of the guys I work with buys new tires and wheels about once or twice a year. He uses them all the time.
His dad owns a jiffy lube, so he has them delivered there and mounts them himself.
He has bought lots of tires from Tire Rack and won't buy anywhere else.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Nuthin' up my sleeves...

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

I've bought four sets of tires from Tire Rack and one set of wheels. I couldn't be happier with any aspect of the experiences. Their support line is very knowledgeable and and they stick to their delivery timeline.

I'm a very satisfied customer and I will be back there for my next set of treads on any of the vehicles in my home!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've bought from Tire Rack and was very pleased with their customer service, shipping speed and product quality.

That being said, remember that Tire Rack prices do not including mounting and balancing. Sometimes your local tire shop will have better all-inclusive pricing, especially if you let them know you're cross-shopping Tire Rack.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used them to get runflat car tires for use on the rear wheel of my Honda Goldwing. They ship fast and never had a problem with them.

Quick Reply: Tire Rack