General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire comparrisons Nitto v Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 08:23 AM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Tire comparrisons Nitto v Fuel

Morning all. I'm slapping 33"s on a set of Fuel Sledge so I'm shopping new tires and wanted to know everyone's feelings on the Nitto Ridge Grappler vs. The Fuel Gripper. Both in the A/T versions. I have experience with the Nitto brand but never with their truck tires. And no experience with the Fuels.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:50 AM

Received 391 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Ezerasurfr
Morning all. I'm slapping 33"s on a set of Fuel Sledge so I'm shopping new tires and wanted to know everyone's feelings on the Nitto Ridge Grappler vs. The Fuel Gripper. Both in the A/T versions. I have experience with the Nitto brand but never with their truck tires. And no experience with the Fuels.
Hey! You may not find anyone who has run both tires, but maybe some that have run one or the other. I'm running the Ridge Grapplers and they are awesome, but on the higher end of the price scale. I do off-road all the time, so for me it was worth the extra investment. They are great off-road, super quiet on road, and they have a fantastic ride.

I see you mentioned about them being A/T. The Fuel Grippers come in A/T. The Ridge Grapplers are a Hybrid Terrain tire (sort of half mud terrain, half all-terrain) so they will be more aggressive than the Fuel's. Nitto's All-Terrain tire is the Terra Grappler.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:50 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks, I did mean the Terra Grapplers. Sometimes window shopping leads you to other models and I just got confused. I didnt actually think anyone had experience running both, but was just looking for any pros or cons or likes/dislikes with either tire. I'm almost positive each one would be a solid product, but just wanted to get some real world experiences prior to pulling the trigger.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 391 Likes on 256 Posts

Cool, sounds good. You're right, either will probably be a great product, as tire technology has come a long way in recent years. Pretty much all of the Nitto line is universally liked from what I've seen. Hopefully someone can chime in about the Fuel's as well. I think the BF Goodrich T/A KO All-Terrains are great as well. I ran them on a previous truck.
The following users liked this post:
Ezerasurfr (05-21-2018)

Quick Reply: Tire comparrisons Nitto v Fuel