Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of getting F150 - bike rack over bed question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 02:33 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Thinking of getting F150 - bike rack over bed question

Hi all!
I am new to the forum, and currently own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma. I am thinking of switching to a 2012 super crew cab 4x4 F150, especially for the added payload.

My first question to you guys is this: I am towing a 20ft. travel trailer. I need to also transport 4 bikes at the same time. Currently I am using Yakima bars with 4 bike racks attached to the bed with Inno Truck Rack Stays. They look like the pics below (full link with more pics here), just that I have 4 bike racks mounted to them instead of the basket.
Now since the cross bars and bike racks were rather expensive, I would like to reuse them if at all possible. Is there a solution out there that will let me attach the Yakima cross bars to the F150 bed rails in a similar way?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:42 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

well you can get an L bracket attach it to the lower part where it attaches to the side rail and make a clamp like thing? see if they make the clamps for the f150 you are getting.

Buy the ford and never look back
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TheCollector
well you can get an L bracket attach it to the lower part where it attaches to the side rail and make a clamp like thing? see if they make the clamps for the f150 you are getting.
Not sure here. I had hoped there would be attachments out there. Thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting F150 - bike rack over bed question