General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think Twice about a new F-150!! Trust me

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 12:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Think Twice about a new F-150!! Trust me

I started out here with this post talking about the issue with grinding sound and vibrations in the front of my 2016 F-150 Lariat I purchased new and currently still under warranty.
https://www.f150forum.com/f12/does-a...nt-end-416609/

Tenvoorde Ford in St. Cloud MN is both incompetent, and unwilling to try to fix this issue. I got FORD's hotline involved, and they were supposed to advise the dealership service as to the next step in attempting to fix. The dealership dragged their feet for weeks getting back to FORD hotline, and the last information I received was the dealership told them they have been unable to find anything wrong with the truck. Below is an excerpt of the email I received from FORD regarding information they finally obtained from the dealership.

"Heather" from Ford:

"I did speak with Mike at Tenvoorde Ford. He did confirm that they performed the repairs to the moon roof. He also advised me that they performed the pinpoint testing per our technical hotline but they were unable to find anything wrong with the truck when it came to the bearing noise concern. I apologize that you are experiencing this concern. I can only advise at this point to keep an eye on it and if it seems to get worst, to bring it back into the dealership."
------------------------------
So this morning I immediately called Mike at the dealership and asked why he told Ford they did not find anything wrong when they openly admit there is an issue. He denied telling "Heather" they were unable to find anything wrong with the truck. He told me they know there is a problem, but are unable to find a "fix". I wanted FORD to tell them what to do next because the dealership is unable and unwilling to try to figure it out. Instead, now FORD is appearing to wash their hands of it because apparently the dealership must want them off their back, or else why would they lie and tell them they cannot find anything wrong? I told Mike at the dealership that I want a 3-way call with he and Heather from Ford, I want to hear him tell her what he's telling me! Conveniently Mike informed me that he got an email this morning that "Heather" is not longer their contact person at Ford. How ironic, do you think this might be because he knows he can't do a 3-way call without having to lie to one of us or the other?

As a result I am stuck with not being able to get ANY attempt to get this resolved. The dealership is telling me they are seeing this problem with MANY trucks, and simply do not have a fix, and are not even willing to take FORD's recommendation at this point if they gave one. I will scream from the hills to warn anyone against buying an F-150. DO NOT BUY ONE! They are hiding this issue like a dirty secret, and it's mainly on the higher end F-150's with the automatic 4 wheel drive that its the biggest problem (Lariats, Platinums, Etc)

If your're in Minnesota, I would never recommend buying or servicing at Tenvoorde Ford. "The world's oldest Ford Dealership"

FORD, ARE YOU LISTENING????

My mission from this point forward is to figure out a way out of this truck without loosing my ***, and to scream from the hills to inform people the risk they are taking in buying a new F-150! This has cost me way more than it should in lost work hours, for the amount of time I had to run my truck to and from the dealership for service. DO NOT BUY A FORD and especially do not buy a Ford from Tenvoorde Ford. I stand by my story 100%, these are facts!

Last edited by Notahappyfordowner; 06-18-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Popular Reply

06-19-2018, 09:21 AM
idrive
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

I sure get tired of folks who come here and join only to bitch. Not here to learn or share or anything but bitch like we can do anything.

Oh gee, we're sorry to hear that. Man up already. ARE YOU HEARING ME? lol
Old 06-18-2018, 12:22 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

Did you try another dealer, or keep using the incompetent dealer when you knew they were incompetent?

btw, if your truck is 4x4, it may be a simple fix.
The following 4 users liked this post by chimmike:
2016BoostedGreyGoose (06-18-2018), JCROUCH (06-18-2018), kenv47 (06-18-2018), Spectragod (06-19-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 12:43 PM

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Is it loud enough you would be able to adequately hear the sound through a video? Video evidence seems to have a lot of pull these days. And as chimmike stated, I'd try a different dealer, and tell that dealer about your experience at Tenvoorde. Get the dealerships competing - they'll do their best to avoid a negative review if they're worth their salt.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:02 PM

Received 234 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhett Jones
Is it loud enough you would be able to adequately hear the sound through a video? Video evidence seems to have a lot of pull these days.
I tend to disagree, dealerships won't accept video evidence. They "require" that the techs use/drive the truck themselves and reproduce the problem noise themselves before they'll do anything.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:05 PM

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by johndog82
I tend to disagree, dealerships won't accept video evidence. They "require" that the techs use/drive the truck themselves and reproduce the problem noise themselves before they'll do anything.
Oh I believe that - they'll do whatever they can to avoid honoring their warranty commitment. I meant more along the lines of social media pressure lol. Posting video evidence and telling everyone who cares to listen (may not be many, admittedly lol) that the dealer refuses to fix this problem. Ford may refuse as well, but I'm sure they'll trust their dealer if they told them nothing was wrong. Just the way it is, thanks to people who try to cry wolf to Ford.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:24 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

After all the S*** going on with mine, I'm on the OP's side on this one. Yes, his dealership is being an ***** with the non repairs and lies, but Ford does have issues with the IWE and many on this forum can contest to, including me. I'm stuck with mine for at least another couple months until the lawsuit is settled before I can get rid of it, in the meantime the miles pile on, the value goes down, and by the time it is all done, I will owe more than I do now and will need a much larger down payment on the replacement.

Issues with the OP's though pale in comparison, so you can imagine how pissed he would be if he had mine. Bad EPAS, been flashed twice, keeps having issues, entire front drive train minus one axle has been replaced, still has issues with engaging. Had vibrations since day one, bad tire, bad pinion, and finally mostly resolved with bad pinion angle. It still has vibrations at lower speeds that are apparent with worn shocks, but not so much with new ones, but I know what speeds and can feel them still. The engine has a tick, but they can't hear it. The trans shifts funky, but it's normal to them. It clunks, but that's normal to them. It moans and roars when stopping quickly, but they can't hear it. The passenger seat has been repaired once, and the part they replaced failed again, it sits on my toolbox after I reached up and it fell off in my hand. I "THINK" they repaired the fixed panel rattles, but it only did it when cold out, and it has been quite warm lately. The Sirius still cuts out occasionally, been patched twice. And the worst of all, the paint is brittle. Road salt chipped the hell out of it. Road salt, not rocks, but road salt. That stuff you can crush with your foot chipped the hell out of the hood and drivers side.

What I need to do next is get some video that shows the steering wheel and the road at the same time that proves the truck can't stay in it's own lane, and wanders at random left or right, especially on rough pavement. Because of this I cannot trust the truck to go on any family vacations pulling my trailer. If you think the OP is pissed, imagine how I feel! Only main difference is I have a dealership who has been great through the whole thing, and has gone above and beyond to fix it, but they are at the point now that their hands are tied. The next step is replace the EPAS, but Ford wont approve it, hence the reason fr going to court.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:40 PM
2023 402a Tremor

Received 134 Likes on 93 Posts

Wow I feel bad for you guys. I've had 3 f150s 2013 2015 2018 and not had anywhere near the issues you're talking about.

The biggest issue I had was on my 2013 it got warped rotors and the dealer took care of it.

Good luck. I don't blame you for not wanting another F150. Just know the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What is crazy to me, is to my face, the dealership is not disagreeing there is a major issue. I do understand their stance to a degree that, they acknowledge the issue, they are openly apologetic that it exists and agree this is no small matter but they have not been able to resolve it thus far. However, they are unwilling to let Ford work with them to take it to the next step....Why ?? I have no idea. Does Ford not pay as well for warranty repair as normal paying customers do??? They are very busy and advertising for service help. Its crazy to me that Ford told me they MUST honor their hotline recommendation when they delegate the next step in the repair process, yet my service rep at the dealership tells me they don't have to. Well, it appears they just circumvented Ford from giving them the next step by reporting back to them that nothing was found to be wrong, when in reality they are telling me the opposite!

I'm not one to bash a company, but this has been absolutely frustrating. The service all around has been terrible from the dealership, and they appear to the the roadblock between me and Ford to actually make some attempt to fix it.

I am 100% taking it to another dealership. Unfortunately its 80 miles from me, but at this point I have nothing to lose. I will take it there, rent a car if I have to so they can have it as long as they need it to hopefully help resolve or at least make me feel like there is an attempt to do so.

I liked this truck until it started this. It was my first Ford truck in a long long time, after owning GM's. I want out of this truck terribly at this point, but feel stuck because who will take this in trade?? They will test drive it and want nothing to do with it. I don't know where to turn at this point.

FORD, ARE YOU HEARING ME??
Old 06-18-2018, 03:41 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

Originally Posted by Tolson37
Wow I feel bad for you guys. I've had 3 f150s 2013 2015 2018 and not had anywhere near the issues you're talking about.

The biggest issue I had was on my 2013 it got warped rotors and the dealer took care of it.

Good luck. I don't blame you for not wanting another F150. Just know the grass is not always greener on the other side.

My last truck was a 2014 Lariat 3.5 EB RWD and I LOVED it! Best truck I have ever, hell best VEHICLE I have ever owned, but got wrecked on an icy rad when another guy lost control and slid in my lane. Of all the Fords I have owned, only 2 gave me issues, and the other one was more of the computer not computing the MPG correctly and being off by over 30%, and Ford failed to understand my issue on it, well that and all 4 plugs fouled in 4500 miles. I have owned 11 new and used Fords in the past 8 years, and put a LOT of miles on all of them.

Right now I am just not confident that the new generation F150 is as good as the previous gen in many categories, the main being in towing where the 14 handled my trailer very well, the 16, not well at all. Way too much fiddling with hitch setups for a reasonable tow, the 14, got it nailed the first time, and only used a sway bar for the heck of it as it really didn't sway.

As for what the dealer gets paid by Ford for warranty work, it is peanuts compared to book hours. Look at some of the TSB times they list and then at the actual times spent to do it. Service departments hate warranty work because it barely pays the bills.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:16 PM

Received 844 Likes on 495 Posts

OP you need to go to a different dealership, that's all there is to it.

Not all dealership service departments/techs are equal.
I had to go through three before I found a competent one

Quick Reply: Think Twice about a new F-150!! Trust me