General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync 3 Version 3.0 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sync 3 Version 3.0 Issue

I have a 2017 F150 Lariat 502A, and if relevant to this problem I am in Canada. About a week ago my truck downloaded (via wifi) Sync 3 version 3.0, build 18093_Product. I have found 2 changes so far.
First a heated steering wheel button shows up on home screen - I like this other than they leave some wasted space around the button.
Second change is the voice commands to select music off a USB stick I have plugged in no longer work. So if I press the voice command button on my steering wheel and say a song, artist or album, a completely different one will play. Voice commands to make phone calls still works fine. Can anyone shed some light on how to fix this, or how to revert to an older version.
Thanks in advance
Old 10-20-2018, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sync 3 version 3.0

I have a 2018 with sync 3 version 3.0. I am having issues with my phone staying connected. In a span of 10 minutes it probably will disconnect and reconnect 4 or 5 times. If anyone has had similar problems and know of a fix please let me know.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t1052road
I have a 2018 with sync 3 version 3.0. I am having issues with my phone staying connected. In a span of 10 minutes it probably will disconnect and reconnect 4 or 5 times. If anyone has had similar problems and know of a fix please let me know.
Yes, one way for a temp fix is pulling the fuse out wait 10 mins and put it back, however I went back to the dealer they did a software flash and it seems to have solved it. It has been 1 month, no issues so far.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:01 PM

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

The biggest issue I've had with it is the brightness at night. When the truck starts up at night, the screen goes into night mode but it's way brighter than it should be. I hit the brightness button up or down next to the headlight switch and it brings the display back into the right level of brightness.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:34 PM

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

another issue - every time I start the truck now, I get a pop up about finding a wifi network, and I have to clear it every time. that can't be right.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to my dealer. They recommended to first try a master reset. You can find the master reset somewhere in your sync settings. This fixed my problem with the voice commands as well as with the pop up described above.
if that doesn't work they said to pull the wires off the battery negative terminal, and to try downloading and reinstalling Sync. My truck downloaded the update through wifi - according to the dealer this is too slow and can cause the download to be corrupted so they recommended disabling wifi and downloading updates off the Web and installing via usb.

Quick Reply: Sync 3 Version 3.0 Issue