General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange dealer problem.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:26 PM

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Default Strange dealer problem.........

Here's the issue guys. I purchased my first two vehicles from my local dealer, but when I went to start dealing on a 2012 F-150 this summer they were offering me peanuts for my trade in and were barely even honoring the current rebates (at the time) on the 2012 F-150's.

I tried off and on for about three weeks to work out a deal with them on various FX4's (different options, packages, etc), but the sales manager just wouldn't budge an inch in my favor. The only vehicle in my budget, based on his figures, was an XLT or a used truck and I really wanted a new FX4.

So I decided to close the book on my local dealer and went shopping around. I found another dealership not to far away that was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Not only did they value my trade in at $5000 MORE than my local dealer did, they also took an additional $3000 off ON TOP of the current rebates! Needless to say it was a great deal and I was able to purchase the exact FX4 I wanted this past fall.

Now, the sales manager at my local dealer found out I purchased elsewhere and has since set out to mock me in front of employees (and I'm sure customers) who know me. Says things like I wasted his time, I could never afford the vehicle I got, that it should get repossessed, that I'm nothing more than a distraction to his staff when I stop in. I also applied for a job there a couple months back and he was saying he just laughed at my application and could not believe my nerve to apply. And these are just the thing he's said that I know of. God knows what else he has said that I just haven't heard about yet.

To say the least I'm choked he's doing this. Business is business. I found a better deal. It was nothing personal, he just wasn't loosening the purse strings enough so I went somewhere that did. I like a lot of his staff I got to know when purchasing my first two vehicles. I still planned on getting all of my regular servicing done at his dealership but not now----I wouldn't take a dinky car to be worked on there after hearing what he's doing. To say the least I was still going to give him as much business as I could seeing as it is my local dealership but that has gone right out the window. I'm going to take my truck to the dealership I bought it from for anything it needs.

What should I do about this, if anything? Perhaps Ford Canada would be interested in knowing that the Raptors the dealership has for sale he is using for personal use. He racked up over 7000 MILES on a 2012 Raptor, and is now doing the same with a 2013 Raptor! And customers aren't being told this when inquiring on the vehicles. Not sure if there is a rule against dealer principles using the vehicles that are for sale on the lot for personal use or not. Anyone know?

And that's my story. Thoughts?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Ford Tech

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Here in the states brand new vehicles, can be used by managers and sales people called a "Demo" they have to pay taxes on them and put gas in them they get turned in after 5,000 miles. Thus meaning they sell the "new" vehicles cheaper than sticker price. Actually the dealership I work for our new car sales manager is driving a 2013 Taurus SHO.

And I agree that you should take your business elsewhere, maybe even contact the Dealership Manager/Principal and tell them about your experience.
The following 4 users liked this post by 07lftdstx:
clubsfit (01-27-2013), dzlbudman (01-28-2013), Toddman38 (02-01-2013), Wanted33 (02-01-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 05:44 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

I will tell you that they are fine to use the new cars as demonstrators, and that is very common. However, unless there is a HUGE part of the story missing, sound like the dude is butt hurt that you weren't dumb enough just to fall over at their offer. He obviously has some issues with you for some reason, and if it were me I would pay a visit to the owner and let him know about the story. I will say if my owner found out I was pulling that garbage, I WOULDNT be able to afford any truck, because I would be on the street. Sometimes, dealers try to hammer repeat customers based on the fact you trusted them before, and assume you won't do your homework. You called him on it and saved yourself huge, so good job. *** hats like him make it hard for us to break the stereo types of the car dealers.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:49 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Enjoy your new truck and don't worry about him. Life is too short!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:51 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Since the moron is so talkative, maybe you can get a libel lawyer to give him a deposition, and we'll see how talkative a mute can be!
The following users liked this post:
13sterlingFX4 (02-05-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 PM

Received 149 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Butters_33
Here's the issue guys. I purchased my first two vehicles from my local dealer, but when I went to start dealing on a 2012 F-150 this summer they were offering me peanuts for my trade in and were barely even honoring the current rebates (at the time) on the 2012 F-150's.

I tried off and on for about three weeks to work out a deal with them on various FX4's (different options, packages, etc), but the sales manager just wouldn't budge an inch in my favor. The only vehicle in my budget, based on his figures, was an XLT or a used truck and I really wanted a new FX4.

So I decided to close the book on my local dealer and went shopping around. I found another dealership not to far away that was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Not only did they value my trade in at $5000 MORE than my local dealer did, they also took an additional $3000 off ON TOP of the current rebates! Needless to say it was a great deal and I was able to purchase the exact FX4 I wanted this past fall.

Now, the sales manager at my local dealer found out I purchased elsewhere and has since set out to mock me in front of employees (and I'm sure customers) who know me. Says things like I wasted his time, I could never afford the vehicle I got, that it should get repossessed, that I'm nothing more than a distraction to his staff when I stop in. I also applied for a job there a couple months back and he was saying he just laughed at my application and could not believe my nerve to apply. And these are just the thing he's said that I know of. God knows what else he has said that I just haven't heard about yet.

To say the least I'm choked he's doing this. Business is business. I found a better deal. It was nothing personal, he just wasn't loosening the purse strings enough so I went somewhere that did. I like a lot of his staff I got to know when purchasing my first two vehicles. I still planned on getting all of my regular servicing done at his dealership but not now----I wouldn't take a dinky car to be worked on there after hearing what he's doing. To say the least I was still going to give him as much business as I could seeing as it is my local dealership but that has gone right out the window. I'm going to take my truck to the dealership I bought it from for anything it needs.

What should I do about this, if anything? Perhaps Ford Canada would be interested in knowing that the Raptors the dealership has for sale he is using for personal use. He racked up over 7000 MILES on a 2012 Raptor, and is now doing the same with a 2013 Raptor! And customers aren't being told this when inquiring on the vehicles. Not sure if there is a rule against dealer principles using the vehicles that are for sale on the lot for personal use or not. Anyone know?

And that's my story. Thoughts?
Is this dealer in new Brunswick? Sounds familiar.....
Old 01-27-2013, 05:57 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

Sneak over there in the middle of the night w/ a 5 gallon can of....Opps!

Sorry. Wrong Thread!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 PM

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

If you got the deal you say, I say you did good...his loss, your gain. Make sure you only take your new truck to that local dealership for warranty work only.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deal

i agree with the others , good riddance to that dealer . i tried dealing with a local dealer too and they were not moving ( 2012 also ) on price until i showed them what a wisc dealer was offering and the dealer in wi even offered to send a driver to get me if i purchased a vehicle . ( im in il)local dealer finally did move on price .its your money not theirs so spend it where you want too . i will research again if i buy another ford truck and spend my money where i choose.i would probably send something to fords district manager . you were still a ford customer .
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM
HOPEFUL

Received 263 Likes on 195 Posts

if it's bothering you that much, hire a lawyer to type up a cease and desist order or something of that nature. if it continues then you can sue the dealership, not just him. I would also make sure the dealer owner knows what is going on.

all things considered, I would just forget about it. I wouldnt even take your truck there for warranty work. just forget the place even exists.
I would however send a letter to the local newspaper. make sure what you are telling to the paper is strictly factual info and not your personal opinions.
bad reputations spread a lot faster than good ones. let the locals know how this dealer acts especially when they cant seal a deal and they will soon go away.

Quick Reply: Strange dealer problem.........