General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat belt & open door chimes

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 03:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Seat belt & open door chimes

Anyone know if there's a way to disable the obnoxious seat belt warning chime and the "door is open" chime? I know these things are built in for a good reason, and I appreciate that - but like a lot of people, I don't need my vehicle chiming at me to put my seat belt on. What's even more obnoxious, is the chime gets louder the longer you leave your belt off.

Just curious,

Thanks
Old 05-16-2015, 03:37 AM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 493 Likes on 352 Posts

The seatbelt chime CAN be deactivated.

It is in the owners manual.

Or google it.

Preperation
1. the parking brake is set
2. truck in park
3. ignition switch is in off position
4. both seat belts are unbuckled

Disable Belt-Minder
1. turn the ignition switch to the on position, DO NOT START THE ENGINE.
2. wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (approximately 1 minute).
* step 3 must be completed within 50 secs after the safety belt warning light turns off.
3. buckle then unbuckle the seat belt nine times, ending in the seat belt unbuckled.
* after step 3 the restraint warning light, (airbag light) will turn on for three (3) seconds.
4. within approximately seven (7) seconds of the light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
* the restraint system warning light will flash four, (4) times per second for 3 seconds for confirmation

you can do this for the passenger side also!!!
Old 05-16-2015, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by tanked_darren
The seatbelt chime CAN be deactivated.

It is in the owners manual.

Or google it.

Preperation
1. the parking brake is set
2. truck in park
3. ignition switch is in off position
4. both seat belts are unbuckled

Disable Belt-Minder
1. turn the ignition switch to the on position, DO NOT START THE ENGINE.
2. wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (approximately 1 minute).
* step 3 must be completed within 50 secs after the safety belt warning light turns off.
3. buckle then unbuckle the seat belt nine times, ending in the seat belt unbuckled.
* after step 3 the restraint warning light, (airbag light) will turn on for three (3) seconds.
4. within approximately seven (7) seconds of the light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
* the restraint system warning light will flash four, (4) times per second for 3 seconds for confirmation

you can do this for the passenger side also!!!

Excellent, thank you! Seems like some weird gymnastics to go through to get it done, but I will give it a shot
Old 05-16-2015, 10:03 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

To disable the door open chime flip the latch to the closed position, the bcm will shut it off, to resume normal operation pull the inside door handle as if to open a closed door, the latch will flip open or you may need to use a pen or key to help it open while pulling the door latch release handle.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

(owner's manual) Don't have one -OR- would like a digital, searchable desktop document?
Owner's Manuals ««« -click-

» Select Your Year [ Choose One ]
» Select Your Make [ Choose One ]
» Select Your Model [ Choose One ]
»
Old 05-17-2015, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
To disable the door open chime flip the latch to the closed position, the bcm will shut it off, to resume normal operation pull the inside door handle as if to open a closed door, the latch will flip open or you may need to use a pen or key to help it open while pulling the door latch release handle.
Thank you!

Quick Reply: Seat belt & open door chimes