Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Said goodbye to my F-150..

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 07:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Said goodbye to my F-150..

Howdy gang,

As the title reads, I sadly had to say goodbye to my F-150. Might I add that I absolutely loved every bit of ownership of it. From the smooth power that my EcoBoost put out, to the spacious room of my SuperCrew, to everything else in between. However, I've always had the itch for a diesel.

So long story short, I picked up a 2008 F-350 Lariat. Just about every option and a pretty damn spotless one-owner truck from Texas. I love it for now, and I'm sure I'll love it even more once this bitter Michigan winter is over. Once I get this diesel hump off my back, I'm sure I'll be back in an F-150. Or maybe a 6.7 I'm anxious to start seeing these 2015's on the road.

Thanks for all the help over the course of ownership with my F-150 and any questions I had. You're all a great group of guys.

PS - Here's a picture of just some of the memories I've made with my F-150. And of course I threw one in of the new (to me!) truck.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Said goodbye to my F-150..-img_5819.jpg   Said goodbye to my F-150..-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 01-27-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Nice pics. The new truck looks awesome. Love the Super Duty series.

Just wanted to throw in how much I like black XLT's. I usually dislike chrome but I think the black XLT is a sharp looking rig and I could see myself driving one in the future.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice upgrade. Track hoe picture too
Old 01-27-2014, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Butters_33
Nice pics. The new truck looks awesome. Love the Super Duty series.

Just wanted to throw in how much I like black XLT's. I usually dislike chrome but I think the black XLT is a sharp looking rig and I could see myself driving one in the future.
Thanks! I did too. I wasn't a fan of chrome until I saw a Tuxedo Black XLT. I went in with the intentions of getting an FX4 until I realized the payments those command. Ultimately, I was happy with the black and chrome. Although a bear to keep clean, that Tuxedo Black sure shines well in the sunlight.

Chris
Old 01-28-2014, 08:52 AM

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by MotorCity
Howdy gang,

As the title reads, I sadly had to say goodbye to my F-150. Might I add that I absolutely loved every bit of ownership of it. From the smooth power that my EcoBoost put out, to the spacious room of my SuperCrew, to everything else in between. However, I've always had the itch for a diesel.

So long story short, I picked up a 2008 F-350 Lariat. Just about every option and a pretty damn spotless one-owner truck from Texas. I love it for now, and I'm sure I'll love it even more once this bitter Michigan winter is over. Once I get this diesel hump off my back, I'm sure I'll be back in an F-150. Or maybe a 6.7 I'm anxious to start seeing these 2015's on the road.

Thanks for all the help over the course of ownership with my F-150 and any questions I had. You're all a great group of guys.

PS - Here's a picture of just some of the memories I've made with my F-150. And of course I threw one in of the new (to me!) truck.

Chris
Very nice.Them 6.4s are some thirsty but have a ton of nuts,we have a few at work.
If you wanna improve your fuel mileage,have even more power and save your turbo,head gaskets (or in short,save your engine) remove that dreadful DPF and EGR system and ull have a very reliable truck.
If its an 08 its out of warranty anyways.DPF and EGR systems are what toast diesel engines these days.
Also,08 had faulty radiators,pretty sure Ford upgraded them in 09+.Check the service records to see if it was replaced with the improved radiator.
Congrats on the new truck!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:53 AM

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

BTW,that's an awesome picture of that 6.4 parked by that CAT ex.

Nice.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by BUILTTOLAST
Very nice.Them 6.4s are some thirsty but have a ton of nuts,we have a few at work.
If you wanna improve your fuel mileage,have even more power and save your turbo,head gaskets (or in short,save your engine) remove that dreadful DPF and EGR system and ull have a very reliable truck.
If its an 08 its out of warranty anyways.DPF and EGR systems are what toast diesel engines these days.
Also,08 had faulty radiators,pretty sure Ford upgraded them in 09+.Check the service records to see if it was replaced with the improved radiator.
Congrats on the new truck!
Thanks a ton! I refused to buy one with that DPF still on it. This one has the delete pipe along with an H&S Mini Maxx and K&N CAI. I also have a Sinister EGR delete waiting for spring time. I know my Oasis shows my truck is on its second radiator. Hopefully this one wont give any issues, but if it does I'll saddle up and buy an aluminum one like Mishimoto.

And thirsty is an understatement! Good lord is she a hog, even with the delete.

Thanks again!

Chris
Old 01-28-2014, 10:33 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Great looking Super Duty, love the black but that's a whole lot of truck to wash, lol! Good luck, I have a buddy whose second radiator cracked and had to replace it himself. Parts and labor ran him around $1400.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Very nice truck! I always liked the front ends of those 08-10 models, especially with the billet grille.

Glad you're getting the DPF and EGR delete on the way. It was those same damn things that killed the 6.0 as well.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

It's a beauty Chris. I hope it serves you well.

Quick Reply: Said goodbye to my F-150..