General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough idle 2013 f-150 ford fails at help

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough idle 2013 f-150 ford fails at help

I will do my best to not drain you with this post but man its been messy. I have had my 2013 F-150 FX-2 in the shop since April 8 times. I haven't had my truck to USE for more than two weeks since then since it ends up back there. Underboost P0299 code was the main issue but my idle always came back sporactic and rough. They used to agree they noticed it too and now its "No codes we cant do anything"
Folsom Lake Ford in Folsom CA did the work. For the under boost and idle they have replaced a number of sensors. TWO new turbos, Throttle body, made me pay for tune up originally to help the idle WRONG, and a New ECM? Computer.

I have extended warranty to 120,000. I have 17,000 left till it expires. I have a case number with Ford which is looking like a placating bs of a service. They first said talk to the service manager. he said he cant do any more. NOW they say I have to try another dealer and AGAIN pay another $200.00 deductible for a issue that is still not fixed.

I have talked to two different local shops and one said it is running wrong and his report is showing missing in cylinder 6 and its quite loud to him for a truck with only a 100,000 miles. BOTH places said a boroscope inside would probably show Carboned up intake valves and most likely would be a head replacement. That is there guess. I have uploaded a report of the misfire from a non ford dealer.

I am set to take in to another Ford dealer Thursday afternoon. IF ANYONE has any suggestions on how to proceed with Ford or Something I can share with the new mechanic OR if YOU have had the ROUGH IDEL issue any help is so much appreciated.

Man I love this truck. Its for work and clients so it doesnt haul or do anything rough to make this motor run so bad at a young stage of its life.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MItch Ford 12-1-2016.pdf (337.9 KB, 90 views)