General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rhino Liner v Line-X

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rhino Liner v Line-X

When I got my truck I immediately put a Tonneau cover on it. It was originally used at work and I would make deliveries in all sorts of weather. I did not put a liner in at first. 2.5 years later and I have beaten up the bed pretty good. I don't want a drop in liner because i've heard of water getting underneath and then rust can set in. I thought about the DIY spray, but I thought it would look like crap.

Are there any pros or cons of using Rhino over Line-X or vice versa?

Has anybody had real success with the DIY kits?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 AM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

I have Line-X and I selected the Line-X because it looked more professional. The Line-X coating has a smoother look where the Rhino looks chunky and not as smooth. I went with the Line-X Premium which keeps the gloss look and doesn't fade over time. I've seen some older Rhino jobs in the parking lot and they look old and faded where the Line-X Premium ones look almost new still. Get a sample of each and then you'll see. Also do what I did, walk around your parking lot at work, school and stores and just compare them for yourself, that is what sold me on the Line-X.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat. One of the first things I got was a rubber pad made for my 2011 F150. $85 When I do line the bed I'll still put the rubber mat in to keep from denting the bed. I have to admit my wife made me get the mat" The Candy Apple Red looks to nice to dent."
Old 04-03-2012, 11:46 AM

I've spent hours and hours of research the only real difference is the guy spraying it and how they do the prep work on your bed go to both places and talk to the sprayers and find out exactly what they do
Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

From what I've seen on multiple trucks, line-X looks great, very uniform coat, and protects great. Rhino looks like it was slapped on with a paint brush, is mostly smooth so it's really slippery when wet, but still protects great.

I'd go for the Line-X, especially if you ever have to get into the bed of the truck while it's wet in there
Old 04-04-2012, 02:08 PM

Don't have anything to compare it to, but I am real happy with the Linex liner I just got. My bed was dented, scratched, and had some surface rust. With the Linex, it looks brand-new! I didn't get the premium (at least I don't think, they never gave me any other options), but I have a cover on the bed most of the time, so I'm not worried about fading.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

well i have had rhino in a sonoma that i think really beat up and it took it. I did some amateur racing (hillbilly dirt track) and threw tools chain sharp metal parts spilled gas battery acid oil and it took it very well. It did start to fade over about a year and the battery acid did leave a stain but over all i was very happy with it.

I now have Line-x in my F-150 and haven't used it nearly as rough as i was on the rhino but is already peeled in 2 spots. One is right in the middle where a kickstand of a motorcycle was temporarily as i was strapping it down. and then again where i had an aluminum canoe was touching at a spot in the vertical wall behind the cab. I called Line-x and was told no problem no questions asked they will fix it for free which is nice but from all the research i did before hand i though line-x is was basically bomb proof. maybe i got a bad batch, or new guy preping the bed i dono.....

Hope my comparison helps I have pros and cons to both so my opinion is which ever you can get the better deal on.....good luck
Old 04-04-2012, 06:49 PM

Line-X hands down. Best investment I ever made on my old GMC Sierra. The truck was used to haul dirt bikes, quads, and various pieces of shop equipment and never scratched or peeled even when we dragged stuff across it, it was also less rubbery feeling and lasted much longer than my dad's Rhino liner which peeled bad after two years of mild use.

Last edited by 06F1; 04-04-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Puppet King, Sock Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

I just had Line-X sprayed in yesterday. My final decision was made by the reputation of the dealer and testimonials I heard from people I know.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Line-X with X-tra. I figured I'm going to have my truck for a long time so why not pay for the best possible product? I got it done last year and it looks like the day it was applied. I see other trucks with their old faded bedliners that look like they have no texture on them as well, that was part of the reason I went with Line-X. Hell if I was going to pay about $300 for a regular spray in, why not pay a bit more and be completely satisfied?

Not sure which one my uncle has in his truck but when he saw mine he was asking alot of questions and it was a night and day difference between the quality of Line-X and the crap that was sprayed in his.

Quick Reply: Rhino Liner v Line-X