Replacing ECM/PCM could use input - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing ECM/PCM could use input

Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 PM

Default Replacing ECM/PCM could use input

I have been working on my truck for about a month, and finally found out I need to replace my ECM. I have found them on Autozone, but have some questions that I hope some of the pros here can help me with. I know that being in CA, I need one that says "Application: with California Emissions" but the other part is the one i don't know.... it says "With calibration #8-48T" and there are a few others that have a different number/letter combination after "with calibration" How do I find out which one i need? Would it be located on the PCM itself? or does this have something to do with the VIN number maybe? I have been going through so much trial and error with this truck that at one time, I was juggling the idea of pushing it off a cliff, for the five seconds of fun I would have had. But decided that wasn't such a great idea. Thanks for the help!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:48 AM
Ford Tech

DO NOT buy autozone anything as far as module wise, you'll have more problems than you have now. They are cheaper than the dealer for a reason!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:21 PM

Ok thanks, any suggestions to a reputable place to buy it. Unfortunately, I cannot afford a new one from Ford, which is why i was considering Autozone as an option. Is there a better option than Autozone, that is more affordable than Ford?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacing ECM/PCM could use input

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: