Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote start and climate controls

Old 01-12-2019, 09:02 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Remote start and climate controls

I have a new truck and since I've owned it there's been what I am learning to be a malfunction.

When using the remote start feature the entire HVAC and seats/wheel do not engage or turn on. They activate the instant I press the start button once inside the truck. I was asking questions about how to use Forscan to make the seats and heater come on when I start the engine only to learn that is how it IS supposed to work. I have looked at the dash controls and it is set to auto, see photo below. I'm posting this in the hopes that someone knows how to resolve this without going to the dealer.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:31 AM

Liked 2,999 Times in 1,901 Posts

There are many posts on this.

First, make sure you understand that when you remote start, NO INDICATORS light up on the vehicle. So you cannot look and say "Oh, the front seats aren't heating because the lights aren't on".

The settings on Auto are as follows (from your manual):

Automatic Settings

In hot weather, the system sets to 72F (22C). The cooled seats are set to high (if available, and AUTO is on in the information display).

In moderate weather, the system either heats or cools (based on previous settings). The rear defroster, heated mirrors and heated or cooled seats do not turn on.

In cold weather, the system sets to 72F (22C). The heated seats are set to high (if available, and AUTO is on in the information display). The heated rear window and heated mirrors turn on.

There are several posts that discuss what triggers cold or hot, as well as some people still having issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote start and climate controls

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: