General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear end dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear end dilemma

I have a 10 month old F150 4x4 Supercrew XLT XTR that has just turned over to the 20,000 km mark on odometer. I dropped truck off at dealership because it smelt hot. They phoned me to tell me I will have a repair of over $3000 since rear end is out of it. They told me straw or grass got caught up in driveline and wore out the seal. They said therefore it is nothing to do with Ford even though truck is nearly new. They believe my registration truck insurance should pay for the repairs.
Two weeks later and my truck is on a hoist in garage and nothing has happened yet. Finally phoned dealership, since they had not never taken the effort to call me back, to see what was happening. I bugged them that truck was no good to me if i can not drive on a stubble field without this happening. They phoned back to say i could drive on stubble fields with truck because it was baler twine, not straw that cause problem. Odd how after two weeks they changed their story about what caused the pinion seal to wear out. I suppose they were warned by Ford to say the cause was baler twine to make Ford look better, or else someone at the dealership was sent to a course on telling the difference between straw and baler twine. Having a new truck gave me security in the past but not anymore. I believe they could care less once a vehicle is sold. Have others had similar incidents related to rear end failure? I take very good care of my truck, had just had an oil change completed, and do not feed cattle or horses so have very few places where baler twine would be prominent in my daily driving.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, what a story. I have never herd of something like that happening to the diff but CAN believe how the dealership treated you. Any dealership any make gives you the run around and treats you like #@%$.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:14 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

that sucks... Dealerships are ....... Well they suck... I have never seen a dealership that was near perfect...The one i use now.. has not screwed me completly yet... But i dont really give them a chance ....That is why i didnt get the exnteded warrenty on my truck

Quick Reply: rear end dilemma