Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real Time oil condition instrument

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:22 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Real Time oil condition instrument

Here is an interesting instrument. Tells you in real time the condition of your motor oil.

http://www.intellistick.com/home.php

Be sure to read the Intellistick blog there is some fansinating information about motor oil. The information to be found on this blog goes a long way toward answering the question about how often to change your synthetic oil.

Last edited by transmaster; 07-31-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:10 PM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Interesting I've been trying to do mine between 3000 & 5000 guess I wasn't doing nothing wrong
Old 08-01-2008, 02:57 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The device it's self is $500 dollars which is way too much for the average person. However the information in the blog is, for me, the best thing, and the links are a treasure as well. One of the things the info points too is the value of having your oil tested periodically, it is also a good thing to test your transmission fluid. This kind of testing is s good thing to do if you are looking at purchasing a used car or truck. Testing the motor oil will tell you if there is excessive bearing material in the oil with indicates worn mains and rod bearings, in a transmission you can tell if there is excessive clutch material in the fluid which tells you the clutches are getting close to replacement time this kind of information can help you make a good decision about a prospective purchase either to walk away or use the information to get a better price.

Quick Reply: Real Time oil condition instrument