Rare Sync 3 / Fordpass issue on 2018 F150 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rare Sync 3 / Fordpass issue on 2018 F150

Old 03-14-2018, 02:55 PM

Default Rare Sync 3 / Fordpass issue on 2018 F150

After about a month of owning my F150 the Sync 3 and Fordpass stop syncing with each other. So the vehicle controls (remote start, lock doors) from phone would not work. After hour one phone with fordpass tech and multiple master resets and deleting app from phone still would not communicate. I could enter vehicle into app but would not activate with sync 3. So tech said bring vehicle to dealership. Dealership checked vehicle and could not come up with solution. So they told me take truck and they would get with fordpass engineering to brainstorm. A wee later bring truck back still no solution. So truck has been there for a week now.
Got a call saying that this was a rare issue they had found on about 22 2018 f150. So Fordpass engineerng team flew in today to trouble shoot it themselves.
I will update with solution if one is found in case anyone else is having this issue.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:52 AM

Sounds like you are getting the red carpet treatment. I haven’t attempted to use the ford pass features of our 2018. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by cboo85 View Post
After about a month of owning my F150 the Sync 3 and Fordpass stop syncing with each other. So the vehicle controls (remote start, lock doors) from phone would not work. After hour one phone with fordpass tech and multiple master resets and deleting app from phone still would not communicate. I could enter vehicle into app but would not activate with sync 3. So tech said bring vehicle to dealership. Dealership checked vehicle and could not come up with solution. So they told me take truck and they would get with fordpass engineering to brainstorm. A wee later bring truck back still no solution. So truck has been there for a week now.
Got a call saying that this was a rare issue they had found on about 22 2018 f150. So Fordpass engineerng team flew in today to trouble shoot it themselves.
I will update with solution if one is found in case anyone else is having this issue.

Thanks for this post. I missed it before posting my own question.

I have a 2018 Ford F150 that I've owned about 3 weeks. App worked fine overall until 2 days ago. When I called Fordpass it was a worthless call. 8 minutes of me proving who I was, 1 minute of them asking if I deleted and re-installed the app....oh you did...then we are stumped and will elevate this...wait 5 business days. What a joke. I'm not optimistic I will hear back.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:01 PM

I just picked my truck up. The Ford engineers could not find a quick fix to the problem. Instead they replaced the TCU and took the old one back with them to continue to research the problem.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by cboo85 View Post
I just picked my truck up. The Ford engineers could not find a quick fix to the problem. Instead they replaced the TCU and took the old one back with them to continue to research the problem.

10-4. This solved your problem I take it.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:30 PM

Sorry, just noted on the receipt that it looks like it solved the problem.

I was thinking of buying one of those Forscan adapters this weekend to see if I could run the process to reset that module on my own, but it sounds like it may just need to be replaced rather than re-programmed or re-booted, etc. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:52 PM

Apologies for all the questions. Just curious, were you getting the same error message I am when trying to activate:

Sorry, there wa an error and we were unable to complete your request to change authorization rights on Ford F150. Please try again later.

That's what I keep getting when trying to activate the vehicle, after 2 weeks of ownership and it working fine.

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ramblinmanva View Post
Apologies for all the questions. Just curious, were you getting the same error message I am when trying to activate:

Sorry, there wa an error and we were unable to complete your request to change authorization rights on Ford F150. Please try again later.

That's what I keep getting when trying to activate the vehicle, after 2 weeks of ownership and it working fine.

Thanks.
No. I can't remember the exact wording but it said to contact ford pass with an error number. I think it was 401. It would never tell me anything about authorization. Also if you look at info about snyc3 under settings mine would not show an esn number like it was supposed to.
The Following User Says Thank You to cboo85 For This Useful Post:
ramblinmanva (03-16-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rare Sync 3 / Fordpass issue on 2018 F150

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: