Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about the Myford touch Nav.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about the Myford touch Nav.

So on my 2013 lariat I have the my ford touch. However it says information in the top right hand corner instead of nav. I've been seeing people say different things about the SD card my first question is this is it true or not that If i buy a Map SD card it will give me the nav, I have seen people say yes and have seen people say no on this. So what is the true answer on that? Second if it's true about getting the SD and getting nav is it possible to download the DATA and just copy it over to an SD card?
Old 08-09-2018, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,124 Likes on 2,830 Posts

that is not true. you can buy an SD card but all it will do for you is lighten your wallet. It really can't be added after the truck is built as there are a bunch of different modules and wiring if it has NAV, your best bet is go to best buy and get one of those dash top portable ones.

we get asked this question all the time at work, mostly by salesmen
Old 08-09-2018, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by djfllmn
that is not true. you can buy an SD card but all it will do for you is lighten your wallet. It really can't be added after the truck is built as there are a bunch of different modules and wiring if it has NAV, your best bet is go to best buy and get one of those dash top portable ones.

gotcha thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:54 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

You can activate nav via Forscan, so yes you would need the card but you also need to go into Forscan and enable it, there's a Forscan sticky in the 09-14 section where you will find detailed information.
The following users liked this post:
John Andrew Hamilton (08-09-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by djfllmn

Not true at all, with MFT or Sync 3. MFT has Nav built in, just needs to be enabled. Sync 3 requires a hardware swap (APIM).

What modules and wiring are you referring to? Ford official wiring diagrams are the same for the 8” radios, whether they have Nav or not. The only wiring changes are required when going from the smaller 4” screen to the larger 8”.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

im just going off of what a ford published service message tells me
Old 08-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

its not supported by ford and they tell us not to do it. So that in turn is what we tell everyone, avoids so many headaches down the road
Old 08-09-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
You can activate nav via Forscan, so yes you would need the card but you also need to go into Forscan and enable it, there's a Forscan sticky in the 09-14 section where you will find detailed information.
thanks I'll give it a look
Old 11-19-2020, 12:46 AM
Sr master tech

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by John Andrew Hamilton
So on my 2013 lariat I have the my ford touch. However it says information in the top right hand corner instead of nav. I've been seeing people say different things about the SD card my first question is this is it true or not that If i buy a Map SD card it will give me the nav, I have seen people say yes and have seen people say no on this. So what is the true answer on that? Second if it's true about getting the SD and getting nav is it possible to download the DATA and just copy it over to an SD card?
ok being a Ford Sr Master Tech the technical answer is NO ford does not support this...But being a hobbyist My Official answer is YES it can be done however it is not just plug the SD card in and off u go...u have to make changes in modules using forscan,2nd you should update your sync system to latest available version which will be v3.10...3rd there is a file that u will download into a flash drive plug it into thebusb drive and download some files into system..once all these steps are performed you plug ur sd card in and off u go..i have a 16 fusion that i did it on..check out the sections stated above to get more in detail info..goodluck and have fun..if need be DM me for any help along the way

Quick Reply: Question about the Myford touch Nav.