Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with backup camera and phone not connecting in 2016 F150

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem with backup camera and phone not connecting in 2016 F150

Hello
I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with the backup camera not working and a phone not staying connected? I have an iPhone 6S. I have the 7" screen with navigation on my 2016 F150. It has been in the shop 6 times in the last 2 weeks. I started having the problem with the backup camera not working after being parked outside in the cold. Then my navigation quit. I had a no gps signal. SO far the FCIM has been replaced and the tech tried a sync update that he said worked but my sync still showed the original software without any updates. I am taking it in tomorrow to have the APIM changed. Wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar problem. Thanks
Old 12-05-2016, 01:13 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

What type of issue .. mine in the cold alarms as if there is something behind me in the red zone but nothing is there ... need to have it taken in
Old 12-05-2016, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my backup camera screen is black. It does show the sensors on the screen but no image. It is at the dealer now for the apim. I hope to have it back by lunch today. Will post if this works. If it does not, It will be going back to the original dealer to try and resolve. I hope they will provide a loaner vehicle as I have fought this issue for weeks now.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,

Just searching around for people with backup sensor issues... I have a 16' Lariat and today it was pretty cold around 20 degrees and colder with the wind chills. When I was backing out of the garage one of my rear sensors was beeping and warning in the "red zone" however there wasn't anything there.. Sounds like a similar issue as cmurra6745. During my errand I had to go into reverse 3 or 4 times and it was alerting every time. Very annoying. Anyone else know what's up? Thanks.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:34 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

Any update? My backup camera will randomly come "on" with just lines all over the screen.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Backup camera fails when cold

My backup camera does the same thing. I took it in and they updated Sync. No change. Then the problem went away over the summer. Now that Michigan cold is back, it's doing the same thing. But only on the backup camera. Both sides and the front work as they should. My screen is black, but the lines show up clear that show where you are headed based on turning the steering wheel. Mine's a 2015 Lariat SuperCrew.

Any suggestions are welcome.