Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power windows and dome light fuse

Old 12-24-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Power windows and dome light fuse

1998 Ford F-150 XLT, I was replacing the lamps in my dome light, with the doors closed I removed the light fixture (3) screws I replaced the two lamps for the switched cabin lights replaced the 3 screws. The dome light worked when opening the doors, but the map lights or whatever you call them still didn't work. I noticed a fourth screw that was missing, tried to replace it with a similar one, Unfortunately I left the door open and touched the terminal on the bulb and a little spark and the lights went out, so I thought I blew a fuse I checked all the fuses in the cabin and under the hood fuse boxes no blown fuses. Finally gave up after about an hour and drove the truck to the store, went to put the windows up and found them dead also. I have checked the owners manual and searched the internet. CAN ANYONE HELP? with this problem I stupidly caused?? i FOUND THE PROBLEM AFTER FINDING THE CORRECT FUSE SCHEMATIC, IT WAS FUSE #14 IT DID NOT LOOK BLOWN BUT A CHECK WITH MY METER VERIFIED IT WAS OPEN..

Last edited by av_carl; 12-25-2015 at 03:46 PM. Reason: I FOUND THE PROBLEM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power windows and dome light fuse