General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power window won't roll up on 2002 super cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Power window won't roll up on 2002 super cab

My passenger side power window won't roll up. I got another motor,and hooked up the wiring to it, and it does the same thing. What gives?? There's no sound, noises, etc... I drive a long distance to work daily, and having it not roll up just won't work. HELP!!
Old 10-16-2017, 10:59 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

The obvious ...
  • blown fuse?
  • faulty switch?
The following 2 users liked this post by gDMJoe:
idrive (10-16-2017), jp360cj (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 08:27 AM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

Have you tried using the switch on both the driver and passenger door? Does the driver's window work?

Look in the owners manual at the fuse chart. See if there is a separate fuse for driver and passenger windows. If there is, check the passenger side fuse. If they run off the same fuse and the drivers window is working, then move to the switch. Also, there may be 2 fuses for the passenger window (1 for the motor and 1 for the switch).

You need at least a test light, but preferably a multimeter. If the door panel is still off, you can start by checking for voltage at the motor. If door panel is on, I would start with the driver side switch. If it's like my '03 Ranger, the passenger side switch routes through the driver side switch, so if the passenger switch malfunctions, the drivers side will work, but if the drivers side switch malfunctions, neither will work.

You will need to find diagrams of the motor and switches so you know where to test.