General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pleasantly Surprised with 2011 Factory Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pleasantly Surprised with 2011 Factory Tunes

Already had planned to do a Kenwood Excelon Amp and Speaker upgrade and perhaps a Sub to my 2011 before I even got it today just because . . . I always have had to.

Not necessarily always Kenwood but always necessary. Just did a Kenwood Excelon 120/4 D-series and 6x8s on my Ranger that I just traded in and the sound in that granted smaller space rivaled the 11 speaker Dynaudio in our Volvo [much larger space obviously]. But sound quality was on par.

But, on the way home from Des Moines to Wichita today, I gave the the factory unit an extreme workout . . . Rush, Pink Floyd, Kansas, Aerosmith, Heart, etc. and was just pleasantly surprised. Pink Floyd Pulse in particular just sounded really nice.

Of course, we'll see how it holds up with continued abuse but this is the best "non-aftermarket brand name" factory unit I have heard to date.

Anyone else notice this? Or was I just high on new truck vapors?

Last edited by canon_mutant; 09-25-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i really like it too! sure not as good as what i put in my matrix years ago, but sure looks better than aftermarket stuff. The highs are not that great but ill live with it love the satelite radio and mp3 already built in

Quick Reply: Pleasantly Surprised with 2011 Factory Tunes