General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Playing DVD movies while truck is in drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Playing DVD movies while truck is in drive

Anyone know if this is possible on a 2012 f150 SCREW with the Sony NAV system?

Is there a way to re-program the computer to allow it?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:57 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

I believe its called a lock pick that disables it.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:59 PM

Lock pick ? Is that referring to the actual procedure?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:17 PM

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain 23
Lock pick ? Is that referring to the actual procedure?
Nope. There's an actual product that's called "Lock Pick" that overrides a lot of factory features.

http://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm

Buck
The following users liked this post:
Alain 23 (10-23-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Buck183
Nope. There's an actual product that's called "Lock Pick" that overrides a lot of factory features.

http://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm

Buck
Thank you Buck for the link.

Damn, wasn't expecting that thing to be so expensive !! any other way to do it other then buying that thing?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much was the lock pic item?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$289.00. That is expensive
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 PM

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

We have one on my wife's 2010 Jeep Rubicon with the Navigation package. It does quite a bit more than one would think possible.

Along with allowing us to use the navigation while in drive and watch movies it does a LOT more than that. It gives us the ability to add a backup camera. (The Jeep doesn't have one). It also gives us the ability to add multiple cameras and different spots into eh vehicle. It has at least four camera inputs that I know of and maybe more. We can put one on either side of the vehicle for a blind spot camera that's activated by the turn signals. We can add a forward facing camera. Also gives us an additional port for an MP3. The factory unit has one already but another one never hurts. You can add additional screens to it that are fed from the factory head unit. Would come in handy if you wanted to do an overhead or headrest screens.

There's lots more these things offer than what I described. That's just what I know about. Keep in mind the options may be a little different from vehicle to vehicle.

Buck
Old 10-24-2012, 10:43 PM

Received 128 Likes on 110 Posts

I didn't realize things did all of that. I had a screen in my last vehicle and liked the capability to play DVDs on the move. I've been wanting to get this lock pick for navigation input on the move, but $289 seemed pretty steep for that feature alone. But adding additional cameras would be awesome and useful.

Interested to hear of any other input from people with this in the F150.

Originally Posted by Buck183
We have one on my wife's 2010 Jeep Rubicon with the Navigation package. It does quite a bit more than one would think possible.

Along with allowing us to use the navigation while in drive and watch movies it does a LOT more than that. It gives us the ability to add a backup camera. (The Jeep doesn't have one). It also gives us the ability to add multiple cameras and different spots into eh vehicle. It has at least four camera inputs that I know of and maybe more. We can put one on either side of the vehicle for a blind spot camera that's activated by the turn signals. We can add a forward facing camera. Also gives us an additional port for an MP3. The factory unit has one already but another one never hurts. You can add additional screens to it that are fed from the factory head unit. Would come in handy if you wanted to do an overhead or headrest screens.

There's lots more these things offer than what I described. That's just what I know about. Keep in mind the options may be a little different from vehicle to vehicle.

Buck
Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 PM

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Put it in mine right after I got it, have to say my kid loves watching movies on long drives and so does the wife. The nav bypass is pretty good too, nice being able to type into it without having to be stopped, or at least the wife can.

Pretty good investment if you have the nav feature, i'll be damned if you crack the brake feature in this thing without one of these boxes, not as easy as a cheap aftermarket headunit where you just ground the brake line out the back, this is integrated pretty much into the ECU.

Quick Reply: Playing DVD movies while truck is in drive