General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Platinum without power deployable Running boards

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Platinum without power deployable Running boards

Planning on a new truck in spring and wondering if there is an option to NOT have the power deployable running boards on the platinum trim? I live in Northern Saskatchewan and don't have a bunch of faith in them being hassle free seeing I drive on a fair bit of grid roads and we have at least 5 months of winter and it will not be living in a garage..
On the website there is no option to delete them and there is nothing I can find on the web.
I am not 100% sold on the platinum but would like to get the truck with the most comfortable seats, which I believe would be that trim level, ( spoiled after driving my Volvo..lol).
Any advice or experience would be appreciated.
Cheers

Last edited by volvoguy; 11-12-2017 at 12:16 AM. Reason: missed some info
Old 11-12-2017, 01:01 AM

Received 401 Likes on 229 Posts

You can not order a Platinum or Limited without power deployable steps. Your choices would be to configure them to not deploy or to remove them completely.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Just leave em out

Originally Posted by volvoguy
Planning on a new truck in spring and wondering if there is an option to NOT have the power deployable running boards on the platinum trim? I live in Northern Saskatchewan and don't have a bunch of faith in them being hassle free seeing I drive on a fair bit of grid roads and we have at least 5 months of winter and it will not be living in a garage..
On the website there is no option to delete them and there is nothing I can find on the web.
I am not 100% sold on the platinum but would like to get the truck with the most comfortable seats, which I believe would be that trim level, ( spoiled after driving my Volvo..lol).
Any advice or experience would be appreciated.
Cheers
When its winter you can either configure them to stay out or in based on your preference from the center stack menu.

Matt
Old 11-12-2017, 11:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you are looking for a loaded Lariat.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:44 AM

Received 716 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by rucus01
When its winter you can either configure them to stay out or in based on your preference from the center stack menu.

Matt
I have the Ford power running boards. I adjust my settings in the driver display between the speedometer and tach...I've never looked for those settings in the center infotainment area.

Mine have 3 settings: Auto, Off, Out.

I assume, but have never tried/confirmed, that in the Out position they will not retract.

Last edited by Kingofwylietx; 11-13-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:23 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

I assume, but have never tried/confirmed, that in the Out position they will not retract.
When you go about 5 mph, they will retract. I use that feature regularly when loading the back for a trip, or car washing.

Of course, you can disconnect a wire to stop retraction.

The running boards return to the stowed
position and enter automatic mode when
the vehicle speed exceeds 5 mph (8 km/h).
Old 11-13-2017, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thiel
I think you are looking for a loaded Lariat.
Do you guys know if there is much comfort difference with the seats of the Lariat vs the Platinum on the long drives? I'm getting older and looking for the cushy comfort model..lol. Can't really judge just with the quick looks at the dealerships.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:36 PM

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by volvoguy
Do you guys know if there is much comfort difference with the seats of the Lariat vs the Platinum on the long drives? I'm getting older and looking for the cushy comfort model..lol. Can't really judge just with the quick looks at the dealerships.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they all have the same seats. Just different leather. And Limited has one unique feature - the massage. It may be a critical feature the long trips, I think.

Personally, when I had the same dilemma, I opted for the loaded Lariat. I did not want the power boards and 22" wheels.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:29 PM

Received 401 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by ngrigoriev
Limited has one unique feature - the massage. It may be a critical feature the long trips, I think.
Not that unique. The Platinum comes with massaging seats standard and they are an option on the King Ranch.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:30 PM

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by ngrigoriev
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they all have the same seats. Just different leather. And Limited has one unique feature - the massage. It may be a critical feature the long trips, I think.

Personally, when I had the same dilemma, I opted for the loaded Lariat. I did not want the power boards and 22" wheels.
Platinum doesn't have the 22's, that's the limited.

You can easily sell the power running boards and put some fixed if you really want. You can easily do a swap with someone and make them pay the labor; you'll have no shortage of takers

Last edited by etekberg; 11-14-2017 at 05:33 PM.