Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pic request: Truck without stock nerf bars

Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 PM

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Default Pic request: Truck without stock nerf bars

I'm thinking about taking the stock nerf bars off of my truck for a cleaner look. I'm worried I might miss them when it comes to kicking snow off of ky boots. I also wonder if it will improve the look of the truck or make it look long. Anyone have pictures of their truck without the stock nerf bars?

BTW, preferably pics of trucks that have 5.5 boxes and are super crews.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:07 PM
2012 blue stx 4x4 5.0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Butters_33
I'm thinking about taking the stock nerf bars off of my truck for a cleaner look. I'm worried I might miss them when it comes to kicking snow off of ky boots. I also wonder if it will improve the look of the truck or make it look long. Anyone have pictures of their truck without the stock nerf bars?

BTW, preferably pics of trucks that have 5.5 boxes and are super crews.
I have an extended cab 2012 stx 4x4 and actually just put running boards on last month. I originally didnt want them cuz I dont usually like the look of them but I was worried I was gona wear out the seat corner over time and my dad could barely get in my truck. I ended up getting black plastic/composite ones that actually dont stand out at all unless your looking for them. Now that I have them I love them cuz i kick off mud and snow on them. Maybe switch the type of running boards if your wanting a different look. Just my take on it lol.https://www.f150forum.com/members/co...veling-kit.jpg
https://www.f150forum.com/members/co...-brand-new.jpg 1st link is without, 2nd link with running boards. Hope it helps

Last edited by colt89; 01-21-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:15 PM
SJP

Received 94 Likes on 90 Posts

Take them off for the warmer months and put them back on for the winter months when the snow is flying. I can't imagine they are that difficult to take off and put back on. But IMO it gives the truck a cleaner look.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 PM
call me Randy

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

It does look cleaner and higher up. But if your tires stick out like mine and drive a lot of dirt/gravel roads then they'll save your paint from kicked up rocks.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:16 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

This one a SCAB not SCREW. I agree about the seat corner wear but I think no matter what you have the seat corner is toast after awhile. In snow a lot of the bars hold a lot of slush. I like getting under the truck at times and every running board I had got my head. So personal choice!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:21 PM
2012 blue stx 4x4 5.0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A7B2FX4
This one a SCAB not SCREW. I agree about the seat corner wear but I think no matter what you have the seat corner is toast after awhile. In snow a lot of the bars hold a lot of slush. I like getting under the truck at times and every running board I had got my head. So personal choice!
Thats a good looking truck! yea i agree, it helps to a certain point for the seat corner, a big part was that my dad couldnt get in my truck lol. And i was super picky cuz i dont like the look of running boards that hang down low, honestly if i didnt find mine that are on there now, i probably wouldnt have gotten any. Plus they were only $60 and the guy I got them from took them off the day he bought his truck, I figured for $60 if i didnt like them then just sell them.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by colt89
Thats a good looking truck! yea i agree, it helps to a certain point for the seat corner, a big part was that my dad couldnt get in my truck lol. And i was super picky cuz i dont like the look of running boards that hang down low, honestly if i didnt find mine that are on there now, i probably wouldnt have gotten any. Plus they were only $60 and the guy I got them from took them off the day he bought his truck, I figured for $60 if i didnt like them then just sell them.
$60. That's a great deal. The style you got is the only one I'd consider cause it doesn't detract from the looks by hanging way down.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:48 PM

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I have an 07 crew FX4 that I took the stockers off. Love the look and I have no problem getting in and out but the wife and three kids do. I'll be buying N-fabs or Go Rhinos very soon
Old 01-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Canuck with a truck

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

I don't have a screw but the truck definitely looks higher without running boards.
Attached Thumbnails Pic request: Truck without stock nerf bars-photo0511.jpg  
Old 01-21-2013, 05:18 PM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

6.5 box i know its not what ya want but give u an idea
Attached Thumbnails Pic request: Truck without stock nerf bars-s6300308.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pic request: Truck without stock nerf bars