General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PHP to stop Edge CS/CTS custom tunes

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 03:43 PM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Default PHP to stop Edge CS/CTS custom tunes

I just wanted to let everyone know that I saw a message in PHP's facebook page that they are going to stop offering custom tunes for the Edge CS/CTS after December 31, 2012. Basically they stated the reasoning as the Fusion software is miserable to deal with and doesnt accomodate custom tunes very well. Edge was willing to change the software for them, but at a cost that wasnt beneficial to PHP. Everytime there was an update for the software, it would essentially wipe out the custom tunes. PHP said conservatively, 80% of their office time was dedicated to fixing these problems.

Im sure the full story is on their website as well. I am not affiliated with PHP in any way but since I have a custom tune by them, I still pay attention to their company news and figured I would pass along the information.

So if yall want a custom tune for your CS/CTS, I would get on that pronto!!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Romp It!

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Do you really need the updates for the edge once you have to tunes?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Almighty
Do you really need the updates for the edge once you have to tunes?
That is a good question...i think if you plug it in to your computer it auto updates, so if you just never update it after you install the tunes, you might be all set. I am not familiar with the Fusion software enough to guarantee anything though.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Romp It!

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

I read their post on facebook and they said they will continue to support people that already have tunes just won't make any new ones. That kinda blows I wanted to wait till I get my lift for my custom tunes so it'd be set for my new tire/gears/etc but I guess I'll just have to buy it now
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Almighty
I read their post on facebook and they said they will continue to support people that already have tunes just won't make any new ones. That kinda blows I wanted to wait till I get my lift for my custom tunes so it'd be set for my new tire/gears/etc but I guess I'll just have to buy it now

You will be fine if you get it now though as long as you have all your performance mods up to date. The tires and gears can be changed at anytime. It is just like changing a stock transmission/tow/performance tune now. You can enter any tire size and gear size. What will matter is if you get different performance upgrades like headers, exhaust, or intake. That is what the custom tune is there for.

Last edited by 06F150CFCT; 11-27-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added some info
Old 12-23-2012, 01:16 AM

Received 532 Likes on 438 Posts

If you get a custom tune then you should have ZERO need to update... If you do then you custom tune will vanish...
The only reason to update now would be to have the data logging feature on the CS and CTS programmers. The new CAI support is also a good reason to update while you wait for your custom tune..
From what I understand, if your an existing customer, and you decide to add headers and possibly cams to an existing tune (it would then be a new tune), then you may still be catered too. But I'm honestly not sure if that's how it will work.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:40 AM

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Terrible news if indeed true. I finally decided if I was going to go programer route that PHP was who I was going to go with and was going to wait till after the first of the year. I bet they come up with something or an alternative of some sort in due time. BUT, There are others out there.....
Old 12-23-2012, 06:02 AM

Received 84 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Especial86
The new CAI support is also a good reason to update while you wait for your custom tune..
yup, looks like Edge EVO now supports CAI mods. http://www.edgeproducts.com/whats_happening.php?whak=81
Old 12-24-2012, 04:46 AM

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by CPT150
yup, looks like Edge EVO now supports CAI mods. http://www.edgeproducts.com/whats_happening.php?whak=81

My humble opinion, that was a great move on their part.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This is very disappointing

I had my credit card out ready to order the Edge CS with the intension on having PHP create a few tunes for me in the future until I read they are no longer doing this.

If PHP or Edge is listening..... You may want to fix this. My business just went to SCT and I can't imagine I am the only one.

Quick Reply: PHP to stop Edge CS/CTS custom tunes